cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10.....

alvisesouth

windows 10.....

Hello everyone,

as noone has been able to help me yet, I'm starting a new topic.

I'm not having problem about speed or line, In fact all my devices (tablet and phone) work ok. The problem is when I want to use the computers with windows 10. There are 2 in the house and when I try to open a new page I usually get the "impossible to reach" message or it will open with just a lot of text on the left hand side.
I don't have any antivirus or blocking software at the moment

f I do ipconfig /flushdns on the cmd window, most of the times everything seems going better for a while, but after that it won't work well..
I already formatted my computer, and this problem is on both the laptops of the house.

I'm using Ethernet cable, but when i can't open any page i disconnect it and for a minute seems going better, but after that everything get "stacked" ...

someone has a solution for this?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: windows 10.....

Try amending your dns settings on your router to google's;

ie

If you're using a PN Hub One router you can't amend dns settings centrally, so would have to do on each connected pc.

Does it help?

matthewa

Many thanks for that. I've also just been having exactly this problem and changing DNS servers seems to have fixed it - any idea what the problem is with using the PlusNet DNS servers with Windows 10?

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

matthewa

Investigating a little further: seems to be related to the Technicolor TG582n IP spoofing discussed elsewhere (eg. https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/DNS-Issues/m-p/1293624#M32060). Either setting WANDownSpoofing=disabled in the router or bypassing the router DNS altogether seems to fix the problem (for me anyway - I have regular ADSL broadband by the way). Problem seems to have got worse with the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update, maybe they have changed the DNS caching behaviour.