cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will my current line speed update itself

martin2006
Grafter

Re: will my current line speed update itself

hi, just pinged bbc and that looks good do you think i might be being too fussy, it was also really stable at a download of around 6300 and was always 8129 on bt speed test so i am thinking something isnt working as well as it was
thanks for help
Andy
James
Grafter

Re:will my current line speed update itself

With those ping times, interleaving certainly isn't turned on.
Can you try rebooting your router first thing tomorrow and let us know what results you get sync wise?
martin2006
Grafter

hi James, sorry didnt get an email to say you replied so i thought you had given up!! if i reboot my router, where will i get the info on sync, is that off the bt speed tester.or the router
i have posted a reply on another topic about intermittent conections as what i thought was the connection dropping isnt correct but i get the screen saying i have no conection and when i try the same webpage again a few seconds later it connects.  also sometimes when i do send/receive on email it reports back as if there is no connection, click send again and its fine. not sure if thats related but have attached a file off the internet diagnostic page from this morning. sorry if i am getting two threads confused.
Andy
martin2006
Grafter

hi, just rebooted my router and got the following results althought the bt speedtester crashed i got the following of my router which shows some stuff that probably makes sense to you.
cheers
James
Grafter

Hi Martin,
Apart from your router giving rubbish attenuation figures, there's nothing there that looks wrong.
martin2006
Grafter

hi James, i think i will keep an eye on it and see how it goes, it seems to be back up to 8128 on the bt speed test, do you think my router could be faulty or just confused
Andy
James
Grafter

I'd just bear with it Andy.
It seems to be fine now.
martin2006
Grafter

cheers James, no doubt we'll speak again
andy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

thats a double edged statement, as James more the pity is leaving PN on the 12th
martin2006
Grafter

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where is he going, do we know?Huh
dont mean to sound like a stalker but he is a bloody big nelp, has he had enough typing to people whining about speed problems who like me have chosen to forget about the days of dial up when you had to leave the pc downloading a music track overnight
pierre_pierre
Grafter