cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which router?

Devonian
Grafter

which router?

Hi chaps, I just wondered if anybody could recommend a reliable router, as I assume the plusnet supplied is of the 'g' kind...?
All of my equipment has n rated wireless, I have 2 laptops, a desk top, xbox, HTC desireHd, freesatHD recorder (ethernet) and a printer.  All connected wireless except the freesat.
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: which router?

I take it you have a BT Home hub, not all are locked, you might be able to change the settings to PN ones., what version number is it?
my requirements are not as harse as yours and I use a PN Thompson one, cheap and cheerful
Devonian
Grafter

I've got the home hub 3.
I didn't realise its not locked, ill have to look into changing the settings, its a great peace of equipment so if I can keep it ill be happy.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

My HH3 works much better than the HH2 on +net. I used to get disconnected at least once every 24 hours with the HH2, but the HH3 has stayed up for around a week at a time before losing connection. The HH2 (version 2.0b) used to reboot itself at random whenever I accessed the router stats page.
Devonian
Grafter

Apparently there was a whole batch of dodgy hh2, I had the same problem before I was given a hh3.
What settings do I need to use the hh3 on pn... is it the settings on the welcome email?
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Yes. Just go to http://192.168.1.254/ in your browser of choice, click on "Settings" and then click on "Enter your Broadband username and password (for non-BT Total Broadband customers)".
james26
Grafter

I read some ware that the HH3 are made by Siemens instead of Thompson, give anything German over French....
james.