cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats going on with the Terrible latency????

thebigyin
Grafter

Re: whats going on with the Terrible latency????

well im afraid i dont have access to stats that would tell me if interleaving is on or off 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

In which case there is nothing to indicate if there's anything to reset.

To determine if there is benefit in doing a reset, we need to see the line attenuation and SNRM figures. Further if a reset does deliver any improvement, unless the cause of the change of settings to attain stability have been addressed, you will revert to an unstable service until the DLM again adjusts the settings to where they are now.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

thebigyin
Grafter

i am just going on what the openreach engineer told me, as when he completed the work on my line last week it was the only thing left to do that he couldn't. So i am asking for a reset.....is that ok with you!!! also when i moved here 2 years ago the stats for my line were higher and now 2 years later with several engineer visits my line has dropped several MB in download and a few 100kb in upload 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

As I said ... if the cause of the issues has not been resolved ...

Given that they are beloved to have then a reset *might* make a difference. However since we cannot see your stats, we don't know and I would not want your expectations to be unfillable. It is possible that they reset automatically after the repair. Sadly we see far too many unachiveable expectations around here; in some areas BTOR lines are not great and over the years things reach a point where all spare pairs are not ideal - one gets the best of a bad bunch.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@ejs wrote:

What are the current DSL stats? There didn't appear to be anything much that could be improved by being reset from the previous stats posted.

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 2.8 7.5
SNR Margin: 6.0 3.0
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 366230 3153076
Speed: 760 14921

@ejs wrote:

Those stats don't show whether interleaving is on or off, if it's on the upstream, you'd probably get a small increase in upstream bandwidth by switching it off.

Interleaved.

Profile Info: WBC 160K - 24M Low delay (INP 0) 3dB Downstream, UC Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

@thebigyin wrote:

any chance someone can reset my line so I can hopefully re sync at a better speed (mainly upload)??? 

Honestly, I agree with the others that a reset won't really make a difference.

I'll be happy to put it through, though if you want?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thebigyin
Grafter

oh well today was the big upgrade to FTTC (again) only this time i now have no BB what so ever!!! cant connect using PPPoA or PPPoE...... i have no line attenuation dB's up or down nor do I have any noise margin up or down........ I am totally lost for words....and who knows when ill get connected again but i bet it aint this weekend. So no business BB and a very unhappy family...................seriously not happy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I am sorry that you're unable to connect since your fibre upgrade completed.

I've checked the fault report we've raised with our suppliers on Friday. An engineer investigated this issue over the weekend, and advised us that the routing for your line is incorrect. The job appears to still be with Openreach.

I've contacted our suppliers today in regards to moving this forward. We've been advised that this is in hand with Openreach's diagnostics team to investigate the issue remotely. We're advised to expect an update within 48 hours.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thebigyin
Grafter

So why wasn’t this found out the last time they carried out checks on my line?? It’s not as it its changed since then.  Also as a result I have had NO broadband for 5 days which is impeding me from doing my work. I took out business broadband so that I would hopefully receive a faster response if there should be any issue. Sadly this is not the case and words can’t describe how I feel right now knowing that whatever openreach do remotely, will not resolve the issue and it will require and engineer to revisit the exchange again, and reroute my line to the fibre cabinet. So how long do you recon that’s gonna take?Huh

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm not entirely sure if we could have done something differently here.

Your fibre order completed on Friday, resulting in a loss of sync, so we promptly reported the fault to our suppliers. The fault progressed to an engineer on Saturday and the notes indicate the problem was the line routing.

On Monday it progressed to our suppliers' DCoE [Diagnostics Centre of Excellence] team to try and remotely resolve the problem. That's currently where it's at now. We're due an update tomorrow.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thebigyin
Grafter

well as the days go on this situation just gets more and more unbelievable. Apparently i have fibre which the engineer mentioned that my line was full of errors (funny why this was never picked up before) and that was probably the cause of my poor speeds and high latency........... but although I have fibre (FTTC) its now on some other number which belongs to a person who lives round the next street from me. So i have a good connection but not on my number and god knows whats gonna happen now........just waiting for the roll back to ADSL on a crappy copper pair.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

As @Gandalf stated BTOR admitted to a routing error for your service - it happens - all that any ISP can do is pickup the pieces.

If your line has been routed elsewhere you should check your phone account to ensure that you do not end up paying for someone else's phone calls made on your line (number). Dial 17070 to check what number is on the phone line to your home.

thebigyin
Grafter

I know the number on my line and it aint mine dunno where mine is going though

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You really must get a peg in the ground on this one - pronto.

Go check your phone call charges in the user portal.  http://plus.net

Ensure that this is on Plusnet's radar and that there is a plan to address any phone charges which arise which (given your line is routed elsewhere) you did not make.

Only a few weeks back there was a case on here of a user who after having been connected up by BTOR ended up with a massive phone bill (including international calls) which they asserted they did not make.  Miss-routing of phone lines does happen - in such circumstances BTOR (who raise the billing information) cannot tell if the call made on a given line actually originated from the premises which "owns" the line.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see that the issue with the line routing is in hand with the faults team already on this one.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thebigyin
Grafter

yeah but i still dont have any updates from them (and never have its always myself who has to call for one) and although i have a BB connection its well below what i should be getting. I can see my router picking up the stats of 79987Kbps up and 19999Kbps down, but i wont get that until this issue has been resolved and IP profile reset to FTTC speeds. I was expecting an update today but i guess i aint gonna hear anything until i spend some time on hold to get through.