cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is btw upto now?

bluewhale
Rising Star

what is btw upto now?

why is btw profile now 3000 when as you can see i'm connected at 9500?
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2727 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :9524 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1132 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 13.09:25.82:61.09 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
7 REPLIES 7
paulby
Grafter

Re: what is btw upto now?

It depends when your re-synced at 9524.
Assuming that you synced, even for a short while, at around 3500, it can take up to 5 days for the BT profile to change.
See this page for an explanation.
bluewhale
Rising Star

no as far as i know i haven't synced at that
the router has been up for days
bluewhale
Rising Star

oh and back to a higher profile, but now just rubbish plusnet speed
come on plusnet bods sort this out once and for all
oh and btw my profile never updates with btw, although it's luckily been stuck at 12000 for a while
but i reckon it indicates a problem somewhere ...
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2856 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :9524 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1132 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 14.57:36.59:48.84 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
paulby
Grafter

What does your PN profile say here (login required) against "current line speed"?
It can take up to 12 hours for the PN profile to match BT's - until then your speed will be determined by the lower of the two, which in your case is likely to be PN's.  
If it's still not caught up tomorrow give one of the comms guys a nudge and they should be able to manually update your PN profile.
bluewhale
Rising Star

this is nothing to with plusnets profile, as i said it's been stuck at 12000 for a week or so
and i'd rather it wasn't touched as it just causes trouble in it's meandering way of following the btw one
paulby
Grafter

Ah, misunderstood this bit:
oh and btw my profile never updates with btw, although it's luckily been stuck at 12000 for a while

If your PN profile is 12000 and BT's is 7150 then you should be getting decent enough speeds (which it looks like your not).  
What package are you on?  This thread may be worth a look.
bluewhale
Rising Star

don't mean to be funny, but could we have a plusnet comment about whats going on here
i should be getting >10m which is what i was getting with no problems at the start of the adsl2+ trial
but since it's gone live it's been a mess one way or another and it has to be down to the dlm software thats in use