cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

websites not loading 'server error'

Sazw
Hooked

websites not loading 'server error'

For months i have had terrible connection, 90% of web pages not loading as timing out with a 'server error' details says DNS server error. I thought my laptop was faulty and have a brand new one and the same thing is happening. I just tested my speeds and received a measly download speed of 1.34 mbps, upload 0.10. Why is this happening? are the two related?

I am trying to study for my college course and this is impossible to work with.

9 REPLIES 9
Bendyone

Re: websites not loading 'server error'

Same problem here, on fibre but keeps dropping out or timing out.

Sazw
Hooked

Just tested it again connected router to cable and only got 0.65 download! ridiculous. Nobody else is using the connection either

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Sazw.

While testing your line isn't finding the cause of the problem, our tests are showing something isn't right so I've reset your line to try to improve things. If you're experiencing problems after about 15 mins then I'd report a fault at http://faults.plus.net

@Bendyone, if you haven't done any troubleshooting yet then I'd start Here and raise a fault to us via the link above for further investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sazw
Hooked

The speed tested was initially showing 10.0 mbps great! within 10 minutes it dropped out completely, receiving an err_connection_timed_out error on every webpage. Re-bouted the router and it came back on, then dropped again. I have tried following the link you provided, went though the troubleshooter to then receive the message

Broadband Troubleshooter - Error

There's been a problem

Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.

Sazw
Hooked

oh and leaving it a 'short while' just takes me to the same error page..

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Sazw

Thanks for coming back to us.

I can confirm that a fault was raised successfully and I've updated your fault ticket accordingly, here.

If you could let us know when you've responded to the ticket that would be great.

Best wishes,

Dave

Sazw
Hooked

I can see from the ticket that an engineer visit has been offered, with a £65 pound charge if no fault can be found. As the problem seems to be intermittent, all be it sometimes for hours and a big improvement upon restarting the router albeit temporarily i'm reluctant to agree to a visit and possible charge when it could simply be an old or faulty router.

I believe I am soon out of contract with plus net, can you confirm the date? 

Bendyone

Mine has gone totally now including the phone. They said they would ring back later to my mobile but I have heard nothing So no phone and no internet. 

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Sazw

I have raised a ticket on your account to provide you the information that you have requested: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=182665534