cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webcam prioity on windows messenger

scootie
Grafter

webcam prioity on windows messenger

any one tell me if web cams on messenger are 0x80 as when iam brodcasting my cam the ack packets incoming are 0x60 and cant tell what outgoing is but on messenger the cam on the senders screen also slow down if it slow an i get that pretty often
edit.
lack of brain cells last night or just to bathed in lager when i posted this  Grin
with clear mind this morn think its best if i just wiresharked someones cam later on  Roll_eyes
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter

Re: webcam prioity on windows messenger

Without knowing the definitive answer, I'd have expected it to be 0x80.
scootie
Grafter

_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll chase Dave as I know the latest signature files have an update for MSN video
scootie
Grafter

cheers.
sry for finding all these 0x80's an putin the network under more load  Smiley
wasnt to bad till 6pm past now both mine an friends cam my end are pausing like mad can only asume that mine out going is due to packet drops as upspeed should be uncapped
scootie
Grafter

has this been chased up yet as my cam is pants at the mo running at about 1 frame a minute. must be some serious packet drops on the 0x60 queue
can we also have confirmation that the thn-ag2 packet drop graph inclued's 21cn traffic
grrrrr web cam rubish, spotify skiping not having gd exprince with PN today Angry
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Spotify is currently showing 0x40 on wireshark but not stuttering - I assume it is to do with the new trial
scootie
Grafter

once 6pm past its tending to have big pause at the start an middle of a song an the menus are unresponive if your streaming music at same time.
its the windows messenger cam prioity i most anoyed at as theres not gd reason why such a well used app thats been around for donkeys would be 0x60.
i think an isp that uses traffic mangment to the dgree PN do needs to be working some what harder at get sigs live quick an in most cases shouldnt need end users to notify them of things like messenger an spotify.
come on PN staff was using spotify on the fibre at PN towers before most of us had it so why did it take, end users to tell them is p2p and not being picked up as true streaming
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: ASBO
has this been chased up yet as my cam is pants at the mo running at about 1 frame a minute. must be some serious packet drops on the 0x60 queue

I believe a fix is factored into tomorrow morning's maintenance work.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

hum just having a video call with some one and thats classed as 0x40
scootie
Grafter

dosent look like standard webcam chat and live calls on messenger have been upgarded to streaming in the last sig release  Sad i'll get some captures later to prove my point Grin