cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

was told i was on adsl2+ but dont think i am ( PLEASE HELP )

matty2k13
Grafter

was told i was on adsl2+ but dont think i am ( PLEASE HELP )

DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 1 day, 0:10:40
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.3
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 4.391
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 126,79 / 560,44
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,9 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 28,5 / 48,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 17,8 / 9,0
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 371 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 29 / 1.554
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 9 / 14.791
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: was told i was on adsl2+ but dont think i am

DSL Type:  ITU-T G.992.3

is "ADSL2" - see Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.992.3
"ADSL2+" would be "G.992.5"

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:  443 / 4.391

You might want to ask Plusnet to uncap your upstream, as it should manage more than 443Kbps.  Wink
matty2k13
Grafter

Re: was told i was on adsl2+ but dont think i am ( PLEASE HELP )

i will ring them when i get back from work 2day, im just waiting for fiber, cabinets went up last month
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could ask for your upload speed to be uncapped in this thread, and the Plusnet staff will probably pick it up and order the change within a few hours.
matty2k13
Grafter

Please can aa member off staff uncap my upload speed. Thanks
matty2k13
Grafter

And can someone please check and see if I can get adsl2+  because I have justvhad a email saying that I cant. Postcose is    CA28 9TA
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html is supposed to give a definitive answer (using your telephone number at least - there's a disclaimer about accuracy if only entering a postcode).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I thought a line can only be ordered as ADSL1 or ADSL2+. Because your router is reporting G.992.3, ADSL2, the line must already be configured as ADSL2+. Your speed might be slower than it could be because your SNR margin is slightly higher than the standard, it's at 9 rather than 6.
matty2k13
Grafter

Available ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability DateFeatured ProductsWBC ADSL 2+Up to 4--3 to 7AvailableADSL MaxUp to 4--3 to 5AvailableWBC Fixed Rate1----AvailableFixed Rate1----AvailableFor all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage. Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 31-Mar-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Mar-2014.If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.Thank you for your interest.
So why are they telling me different
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

You get either adsl 2 or + depending how good you line is on a 21CN exchange.  If you have a poor phoneline then the system will change your connection from ADSL2+ to ADSL2, as the ADSL2 connection is usually more stable.
I had a phone line fault and was moved to a new line from my cabinet to the exchange and since then I have never been able to connect as ADSL2+ only ADSL2, when on the previous line I would always connection as ADSL2+.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
matty2k13
Grafter

its changed but upload is same after uncap
matty2k13
Grafter

status on my netgear dg834gt
Anonymous
Not applicable

On your DG834GT, do you have the following menu option ?
Maintenance  ->  Diagnostics  ->  Display detailed ADSL driver informations
If you do have this, click the [Display] button, and try and copy and paste the content of that window back in this thread (preferably using the "Insert code" # button when you are composing your reply).
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The stats indicate your upload is still capped. If Plusnet only placed the order to uncap it just now, it should take effect sometime tomorrow morning.
matty2k13
Grafter

well i was on the phone to them and they said it was uncapped so i will wait and see if it changes
only option i have is Diagnostics - Routing Table