Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to change hardware...

pcoventry76
Grafter

Re: want to change hardware...

Morning,
I thought you had an apple basestation you want to use? but now you say your happy to buy another router?
The best thing to do is to call Plusnet, this is nothing to do with BT
I am not sure what if anything can be done, they won't just take the router back. They can however order you a new router.
You can find the Customer Support Centre's number at the bottom of the main page, this is 0114 296 5198
It's dead at the moment on the phone side so when you call in you won't wait long.
This page tells you the latest stats refreshed every 3 minutes
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&supporta=rhmcallstats
OR.
if you don't want to call you can send a ticket through for the sales team using this link
http://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html?Ea82ChdSAqqwtYJcjZV%2Fjl8BeHfnW7ogEbQe7JSY3v7FyRVJeEpVZrrGHDFWsmvQCsvo6bTYqNo%3D
  - option to raise a ticket it to the right of the page
Pete
lanemik

Quote from: Pcoventry
Morning,
I thought you had an apple basestation you want to use? but now you say your happy to buy another router?
The best thing to do is to call Plusnet, this is nothing to do with BT
I am not sure what if anything can be done, they won't just take the router back. They can however order you a new router.
You can find the Customer Support Centre's number at the bottom of the main page, this is 0114 296 5198
It's dead at the moment on the phone side so when you call in you won't wait long.
This page tells you the latest stats refreshed every 3 minutes
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&supporta=rhmcallstats
OR.
if you don't want to call you can send a ticket through for the sales team using this link
http://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html?Ea82ChdSAqqwtYJcjZV%2Fjl8BeHfnW7ogEbQe7JSY3v7FyRVJeEpVZrrGHDFWsmvQCsvo6bTYqNo%3D
  - option to raise a ticket it to the right of the page
Pete
No, I meant the modem in my most recent reply.  All I need is an ADSL modem.  I'm from the US and lots of times we don't actually own the hardware when we get broadband internet and frankly I couldn't remember if that was the case (hence the references to exchange).
But I can see this is too much of a pain in the ass for PN and everyone.  I'll simply take my business elsewhere.
Imagine that, a paying customer (who was willing to pay extra) just turned into an ex-customer thanks to poor customer service.  At this point it'd take a call from PlusNet to me to make me stay past the date of our house move.
Incredible.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Well in all fairness, a few times i have offered to send you one - did you not see?
I have a speedtouch 510 1 port ADSL 2+ Modem you are welcome to have. it'll happyily pipe upto 24mb and i hope this will sort the problem for you
Let me know via PM if you want it - no catch your welcome to it im using it right now,
I have loads of modems and routers i won't miss it.
Just to claify yes you own the hardware that is sent to you as you have chosen a contract.
If i can help you out then i by all means will, just let me know
Pete
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: lanemik
For the blind:
I'd love to be able to simply call a telephone number to set up an exchange or delivery of new hardware, but alas, I can't find a number anywhere.
Still can't find a number and your post STILL isn't helping anyone.  Stop trolling.

You are still being insulting to people who have been trying to help you. PlusNet phone numbers are on the PlusNet home page and you have just accused a forum moderator of being a troll!
lanemik

Quote from: alanf
For the blind:
I'd love to be able to simply call a telephone number to set up an exchange or delivery of new hardware, but alas, I can't find a number anywhere.
Still can't find a number and your post STILL isn't helping anyone.  Stop trolling.

You are still being insulting to people who have been trying to help you. PlusNet phone numbers are on the PlusNet home page and you have just accused a forum moderator of being a troll!
Unreal.  I hope the people at PlusNet are watching this thread. 
I am being insulting?  Are you serious???  All I can say is I'm replying to as I've been given on this thread.
PlusNet customer support people, my username is lanemik, feel free to contact me today at any time via phone or email.  I'm done with your "support" forums.  Tomorrow my business goes elsewhere.
Oh and alanf, thanks for the offer to trade, but I'm not comfortable with it.  I asked for new hardware for that reason.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I am being insulting?  Are you serious???  All I can say is I'm replying to as I've been given on this thread.
PlusNet customer support people, my username is lanemik, feel free to contact me today at any time via phone or email.  I'm done with your "support" forums.  Tomorrow my business goes elsewhere...

Bye Bye.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

fceluk
Grafter

WOW...I can't believe how bad a thread can get!!
At first I thought it was me, not being a morning person, but I didn't understand the OP's query.
Maybe there was a degree of terminology conflict but that may be an over charitable view.
A high degree of restraint was exhibited throughout and maybe when lanemik has had a rethink he will come back to the forum for a solution.
nadger
Rising Star

This thread makes one think of this famous statement
Mand
Grafter

Hi there lanemik, 
I've sent you an email, hopefully we can get this sorted for you.
James
Grafter

Hi Lanemilk,
As per my earler post, our telephone numbers here are 0114 296 5198 or 0845 140 0200.
As Mand as said, she's sent you an email, so hopefully we can get this sorted out for you.
fceluk
Grafter

Quote from: nadger
This thread makes one think of this famous statement

Hence my comment about terminology conflict nadger Smiley
I really hope Mand has better luck with the woman's touch <sexist?>
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: fcel

Possibly, but I'll let you off. Wink
pcoventry76
Grafter

it wasen't alanf who offered you a modem it was me, i wasen't after a trade it was a straight give.
Your most welcome
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Pcoventry
it wasen't alanf who offered you a modem it was me, i wasen't after a trade it was a straight give.
Your most welcome

I spotted that, Pete.
What is puzzling a lot of us is why an adsl modem when one has a wireless base station. Huh
From what the OP said there's also a difference in way hardware is supplied as, in UK, very few ISPs retain ownership of hardware.
Good luck Mand  Grin
fceluk
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Quote from: fcel

Possibly, but I'll let you off. Wink

I thought you might being the perfect lady that you are Smiley