cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to change hardware...

lanemik

want to change hardware...

I recently purchased an apple airport extreme 802.11n base station and I want to use this instead of my plusnet-provided wireless base station.  I'd love to be able to simply call a telephone number to set up an exchange or delivery of new hardware, but alas, I can't find a number anywhere.
How do I go about making this happen?
Thanks.
43 REPLIES 43
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: want to change hardware...

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you want to do?
Do you have the PN broadband router or is this something you have requested but it has not arrived yet? If so just raise a ticket or ring the support number at the bottom of the PlusNet portal pages (e.g. member centre) to cancel the delivery.
If you already have the PN hardware I don't think you can return it without it being faulty.
I also don't understand why you need to ring PN to arrange delivery of the airport which they don't supply?
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm afraid I'm not really sure what you're asking for?
If you're asking for the number for our Technical Support team, you can call them on 0114 296 5198 or 0845 140 0200.
Or have I totally missed the point? Smiley
nadger
Rising Star

I've read it as OP has PlusNet provided router and wants to return it as has purchased another one.
lanemik

Quote from: nadger
I've read it as OP has PlusNet provided router and wants to return it as has purchased another one.
Yes exactly.  I no longer want the PN modem with the built-in wireless router as I have recently purchased a better wireless router.  I would like to get a PN ADSL modem to use instead of the one I have, how do I go about doing that?
hulls
Grafter

This sounds like an odd request.  It's akin to me buying a Ford S-Max, and  few months later contacting Ford and saying "I don't want it anymore, because I've just bought a Mercedes. Could you give me a Ka instead please?"
pcoventry76
Grafter

I am looking for a wireless router i have a speedtoch 510 which i would trade + cash if needs be
mines excellent - rock solid and very high sync, i just need more ports on it
lanemik

Quote from: hulls
This sounds like an odd request.  It's akin to me buying a Ford S-Max, and  few months later contacting Ford and saying "I don't want it anymore, because I've just bought a Mercedes. Could you give me a Ka instead please?"

Yeah except we're not talking tens of thousands of dollars here.  If you're not support or not planning on helping, buzz off.
nadger
Rising Star

I think the OP will just have to accept that PlusNet are unlikely to swap the router he has purchased for a modem.
pcoventry76
Grafter

But i will if he wants.  Grin
Mark
Grafter

Hi lanemik and welcome to the forums.
I understand your request but there is very little we can do in these circumstances.
We cannot re-use your equipment as it is in effect now second hand therefore we cannot accept it back.
You could of course sell it, as has been suggested as I am sure there are many who would be interested.
I'm sorry that this is not the answer you wanted to here but unfortunately thats about all I can do on this occasion.
Dont hesitate to post back if I can do anything further.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
No need to get offensive.
The fact remains that you are requesting something odd.
You own the hardware you have now. What has it got to do with PlusNet?
Why should PlusNet want to take back hardware which you own?
Why should they send you anything else?
Is there a fault with the hardware you have? (You don't mention a fault, so I assume not)
You have bought and paid for a device, but now that you have bought another device that does a similar funtion, you want the supplier of your original hardware to collect it? (And I still don't understand the "Exchange" part of your question)
Unless you are referring to disposal under the WEEE guidelines?

James, with apologies for quoting your post in full. the answer is that the OP is willing to pay for the service he now wants.
I would agree that the OP was not clear but I am sure that PlusNet or some other helpful Community member can help him or her with this.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Raises hand again,
I'll swap it with him.
lanemik

Quote from: James_H
No need to get offensive.
The fact remains that you are requesting something odd.
You own the hardware you have now. What has it got to do with PlusNet?
Why should PlusNet want to take back hardware which you own?
Why should they send you anything else?
Is there a fault with the hardware you have? (You don't mention a fault, so I assume not)
You have bought and paid for a device, but now that you have bought another device that does a similar funtion, you want the supplier of your original hardware to collect it? (And I still don't understand the "Exchange" part of your question)
Unless you are referring to disposal under the WEEE guidelines?
For the blind:
I'd love to be able to simply call a telephone number to set up an exchange or delivery of new hardware, but alas, I can't find a number anywhere.
Still can't find a number and your post STILL isn't helping anyone.  Stop trolling.
PlusNet customer service, can I get a number or shall I just go with BT?
lanemik

Quote from: Mark
Hi lanemik and welcome to the forums.
I understand your request but there is very little we can do in these circumstances.
We cannot re-use your equipment as it is in effect now second hand therefore we cannot accept it back.
You could of course sell it, as has been suggested as I am sure there are many who would be interested.
I'm sorry that this is not the answer you wanted to here but unfortunately thats about all I can do on this occasion.
Dont hesitate to post back if I can do anything further.

Sorry Mark, but you don't understand my request Smiley  I'm more than happy to purchase the router as I stated in my original post.  Unfortunately, I've yet to find a way to do so.
I can't imagine why you'd make it so hard for me to spend money with you.