Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visradius

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: visradius

The majority of connections you've had over the past week have been in excess of 24 hours in length. I'd advise at this stage we monitor and see how things go over the next few days. Here's my side of the bargain in case the situation does get worse, I'll take ownership of dealing with the fault for you and will make sure we push back on our suppliers (if appropriate) to help you get this resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
The majority of connections you've had over the past week have been in excess of 24 hours in length.

Really? I count 9 sessions and only four >24 hrs. Wink
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'll take ownership of dealing with the fault for you

You can't say fairer than that; thanks. Smiley
Is there anything more I can do or supply to help?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Keeef,
To be honest I don't think this is a fault. If you were on a product which allowed a static IP then you wouldn't have any issues. The few drops that there are wouldn't be classed as a fault. If you are away from home and your IP address changes then you can always ask us here and we can message you with your current IP address.
Jojo Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Keeef
Quote from: Joanne
What problems are the drop-outs causing your experience?

Not sure I understand what you are asking here. Sad
Every time the connection drops I get assigned a new IP, which is a real pain for me.

Why is it a pain? If it's because you're wanting to access your machine remotely then have you considered the use of a Dynamic DNS service? That way it wouldn't matter whether or not your IP changed whilst you were away from your machine.
Quote from: Keeef
I understand that ADSL isn't as stable as my previous cable connection and that this package doesn't provide a fixed IP, but would have expected connections to last longer than a few hours at a time and the IP to be "sticky". Wink I don't remember this problem a few years back when I was on ADSL with Pipex.

The IP's aren't sticky and there's no way we can easily override that for your line.
If the disconnections are causing you performance problems then I'd suggest pursuing this as a fault but it's likely to require some patience, a reasonable amount of diagnostics on your part and a healthy slice of persistence with our suppliers Wink
If it's just the fact that your IP changes all the time then it's probably worth you considering what I've suggested above.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
To be honest I don't think this is a fault.

Fortunately there are staff there that try to follow your Steve Woods comments in
the welcome pack you send out. :-
"We really hope you’ll enjoy using Plusnet and being part of our
community"
As a result of which my line seems to be a lot more stable now (touch wood).
Well done to those that think custom care is important.

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
have you considered the use of a Dynamic DNS service?

Thanks for the suggestion: I already use dyndns. Smiley