cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speed

MikeyM
Grafter

upload speed

I moved to adsl2+ a while back and then got my upload speed uncapped. I have recently started more gaming online but sometimes my connection is dropping, never really had a problem before. I am wondering whether I can get some sort of cap put back on my upload speed to see if this helps?
I am getting about 975 at the moment but I have noticed than my upstream snr can be as low as 3db but am not sure what is normal for upsteam snr?
Any help appreciated
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: upload speed

The 21CN DLM includes 3dB as an available target noise margin so it is reasonable to assume it expects such values to work. However that might be with interleaving on - have you got that turned off to improve your pings - your upstream sync speed suggests it might be off?
If the DLM detects excessive numbers of errors or disconnections it should increase the target noise margin within a few days. How long is it since the problems started?
David
MikeyM
Grafter

Has been happening for a few weeks.
Does not happen all the time but sometimes the first time I go onto a server the connection drops...
MikeyM
Grafter

Here are my router stats just now.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

My gut feel is that you are losing  sync due upstream errors with the low noise margin possibly when first connecting to the server and there is a burst of high speed traffic
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

do you have interleaving off?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MikeyM
Grafter

I have the same gut feeling about when I first connect to a server.
I have never asked for interleaving to be turned off but I believe it may well be turned off but not sure how I check?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You could try downloading and running RouterStats.
That can tell you and a lot more.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine