Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speed slow again

martin2006
Grafter

upload speed slow again

hi all,
an old problem has come back, my router stats show 8128/448 as my line profile and my download is fine at around 6.7mbps, but my upload is 240kbps which is slow.
i had the problem once before and pn reset something and it cured it instantly but cant remeber what it was.
i have reset my router which a netgear DGND3300v2 but didnt make any difference.
any suggestions?, i have raised a ticket but that can take a while sometimes
many thanks
9 REPLIES 9
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: upload speed slow again

HI Spotter,
Is the result via wire or wireless?
Jojo Smiley
martin2006
Grafter

hi Jojo,
thanks for the reply,
its wired, i just checked it and its 235 up and 6600 down so its odd. the last time i had the problem i posted on here and somebody from pn reset something but i couldnt find the post.to see what they did, i also raised a ticket.
i do somethimes get line noise but its not all the time, sometimes i phone somebody and i get noise and sometimes its clear as a bell, but i am reluctant to report it to bt as lastime they sent round the 'missing link' who didnt have a clue and it was only when btw guy came round they fixed it, but bt still charged me £120 for the first muppet., although i got a refund eventually.
i am waffling, i dont think that's related anyway.
cheers
Andy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Andy,
I found the post. Matt reset the SNR, which seemed to resolve it. I'll try that again for you.
Jojo Smiley
martin2006
Grafter

hi Jojo,
thanks for that, its still showing the same speed up at the moment but not sure if you have done it yet, thats as of 19.40 8/6/11
thanks
Andy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Spotter,
It should have taken effect by now. I would suggest raising a fault if you've tried the usual change filter, test socket etc.
Jojo Smiley
martin2006
Grafter

hi Jojo,
i have raised a fault but i havent changed filters etc and tried different routers yet as i have a filtered face plate but will go though the procedure as i dont want a bill.
its wierd how it fixed it straight away last time
i'll keep you posted
thanks
Andy
martin2006
Grafter

hi Jojo, the ticket system was challenging as usual witht them saying that my download speed looks fine, but i told them that in the oriiginal question, however i have just disconnected the router and reconnected it via the router settings page and the speed looks fine again, but it did try this before you did the reset and it was the same so something appears to have worked
thanks for your help, i'll keep the ticket open for a bit just in case
Andy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Andy Smiley
martin2006
Grafter

np. thank you
nice pic by the way