cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speed question

chesterfield
Grafter

upload speed question

Im currently on the historic PAYG product.  Upload speed is 448kb/s (sync) but on speed tests it will run at say around 360kbps for a short while before suddenly and sharply dropping back to no more than 230kbps.  I have a fear this may affect my gaming.
I am not on a 21cn exchange (though given some reports im not all that bothered about it just yet) but is there any way to have the upload upped from its current 448kb?  would a move to the premium product up it to the 834?
Thanks for any help.  Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: upload speed question

ASBO DOG reckons thats good, but it costs £8 per month, it also give you priority on the BTW lines (I am not a gamer so dont care)
chesterfield
Grafter

hmm at £8/month I think Ill give it a miss and see what happens without - will have to look if there are any other offerings out there with faster upload as standard if it does affect me.
SparckZero
Grafter

I recently upgraded to Max Premium - I play a lot of Xbox and find myself working from home more and more often, so it's nice to have the extra Upload speed when using the VPN. I sync at 8128 / 832.
Still not sure if it's worth the extra £8 per month, however...I'm going to see how it goes over the next few months.
Mand
Grafter

Re:upload speed question

£8 is what the additional Max Premium option actually costs us per month.
However, ADSL2+ offers a higher upstream, if it's available at your exchange it may be worth upgrading to get it (will work out cheaper than paying £8 on Max, and you get higher downstream all being well too :)).
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

But the higher upload on ADSL2+ doesn't come with the higher BT priority!
I believe there is an equivalent for Max Premium on 21CN - any plans to offer it?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Re:upload speed question

We don't have any formal plans to do so as of yet.
I'd strongly expect us to do so though, although the benefits are less than that on ADSL1 as you're fully aware Smiley
scootie
Grafter

i found max preminum to smooth game play out abit on the xbox, am not saying it maakes things twice as good but you can defo tell the diffrence when you get upgraded on to max preminum.
if you find your self gaming between midnight and 2am i would give the adsl2+ product a miss for the time being due to this  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80166.16.html
am not trying to scare monger and be a complete pain in the rear, am  just pointing the facts out  Wink