Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update my IP profile?

grahameys
Dabbler

update my IP profile?

Hi there,
I was wondering if a kindly plusnet employee could update my IP profile on your systems?
My current BT profile is 3.44mbps but the one on the plusnet site is stuck at 7.15mbps (I wish I could get speeds like that, lol!!!). My download is around 300kB/s which is quite a bit lower than my sync of 3900mbps so I am wondering if the glitch in the plusnet IP profile could be the culprit...
Thanks for your help
G.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: update my IP profile?

Hi there,
My current BT profile is 3.44mbps but the one on the plusnet site is stuck at 7.15mbps

Don't worry, that's normal for a new line and should update automatically when our systems receive the first set of reports back from our suppliers with the correct line profile.
I've updated it to 3500kbps anyway seeing as I was checking the BT profile at the time.
Regarding the much lower speed, please tests again at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and let us know what you see.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grahameys
Dabbler

Re: update my IP profile?

Thanks Adam!
Just ran a speedtest, and I am getting 3.05mbps on the BTW performance test site.
My router is synced at 3936mbps and my BT IP Profile is 3.5mbps as is my Plusnet profile.
If my IP profile is 3.5mbps and I am only getting 3.05mbps, is that a normal level of loss when translating sync speed to actual download speed?
With such a slow speed, every mbps counts to me, although a shiny new fibre cab has appeared beside my PCP cab over the last few weeks, so I am keeping my fingers crossed my days of 2005 speeds are nearly behind me!
G.