Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultra slow broad band

steve991
Grafter

Re: ultra slow broad band

Hello,

Its now a week since BT came to check my line. It took me 10 minutes to log into this due to the practically unusable broadband speed, I see your still happy to bill me £30 month for this.

What's happening?

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @steve991 

I've checked the fault report with our suppliers and I can see that overhead cable work is required and this was passed to the relevant team and we were advised to review today for an update.

As there's no update showing on our suppliers systems I've chased this up with our suppliers and I've been advised that another engineer went out on the 17th January and the estimated fix date is by the close of play on the 24th.

Once the fault has been resolved we'll provide a refund to cover the time you've paid for a service you've not had while it was reported to us and we'll also be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience caused.

We'll provide an update as soon as we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
steve991
Grafter

Hi there

I'm disappointed that any refund seems to have been forgotten about. My broadband has once again slipped to glacial speeds and I've had to continually resort to using my phone as a hotspot. My speed is 0.71 mbps download and 0.04 upload. This is useless especially as I'm working from home. Please advise me about refunding me, a couple of months refund wont cut it im afraid, this has gone on for years now.

I'd be grateful for help in resolving this.

Many thanks

Steve

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @steve991, I have looked over the account for you to check the line. I have sent you an email on the account if you can reply back to me there. Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
steve991
Grafter

Hi there

I've responded as you requested. My current speeds are making home schooling and working from home nigh on impossible. Today just 1.95 download and 0.23 up. I'm currently paying £30 pounds a month for this, yet unlimited fibre is only £22.99 a month. Do I need to change provider to have a useable speed?

Kind regards

Steve

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
steve991
Grafter

this is a disengenous reply, My internbet is still slow and no one has yet refunded me for the months/years of rubbish service. Can I have a proper response please

Thanks

Steve

steve991
Grafter

Dear Plusnet

I've had no formal reply to my ongoing poor service. But today I've had 4 emails throughout the day offering me a whole £10 pounds as a 'good will' gesture, wow!!! your generosity is overwhelming. You sent me an email offering to refund me for December 2019 and January 2020 as well as crediting me with the next two months free!! Either this is applied post haste or I'll be approaching Ofcom in short order and also changing my supplier once lockdown is over. I'm still regularly using my phone as a hotspot as your service is rubbish.

Please advise

Thanks

Steve

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @steve991, I can see that this is being handled on a personal basis by one of my colleagues.

I have sent them an email to inform them that you have been back in touch regarding this, and they should pick this up when they are next in the office.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
steve991
Grafter

Hello

I need you to raise a fault on my behalf, I've been through the exhaustive process a million times before and my broadband is anything but! I'm getting 5.52mbps download which is very slow and its frequently much much slower. I'm paying £30 a month for this barely usable service and your advertising fibre at £23.00 a month. Can you switch me over? I'm sick and tired of writing these damn messages and getting nowhere..

My patience is wearing extremely thin

Regards

Steve

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @steve991,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this issue is causing you. My colleague has personal ownership of your complaint but is out of the office today due to it being his rota'd day off. He'll be back in touch with an update when he can, which is likely to be tomorrow.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team