Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultra slow broad band

steve991
Grafter

Re: ultra slow broad band

Hi There

I've done a speed test through my test socket. I'm getting 1.84mb/s download and 0.32Mb/s upload at 413ms ping. My package states I should be getting a minimum guaranteed speed of at least 3 mb/'s.On my 4G phone I get 27.50Mb/s download and upload of 2.64Mb/s at 58ms ping at two bar signal strengh, quite a difference!!.

I cant see where you've placed the ticket.

Thanks

Steve

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @steve991,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query.

You'll need to access the Member Centre to respond to the ticket, however I note you have done so already.

I would suggest perhaps using a different ADSL micro-filter (assuming you're not using a new one already), you should have a spare in the router box however you can get them online reasonably cheaply if you do not have one. If the issue is still occurring please can you also register a fault here we can take this further for you, and let us know once you have responded.

Thanks - LF

steve991
Grafter

Hi LF

I've put a new ADSL filter on the line, I'm getting 0.46 Mbps download and 0.17Mbps upload 96ms ping, which is rubbish and practically unusable.

Please advise

Cheers

Steve

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

@steve991 wrote:

My package states I should be getting a minimum guaranteed speed of at least 3 mb/'s.On my 4G phone I get 27.50Mb/s download and upload of 2.64Mb/s at 58ms ping at two bar signal strengh, quite a difference!!.

With those speeds have you not considered ditching ADSL in favour of Mobile Broadband?

steve991
Grafter

Hi Davy

you mean get mobile broadband with another supplier?

cheers

Steve

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Yes.

If you can get signal on Three for example they do an unlimited data broadband package from £22 a month and often discount it to less during sale periods.

https://www.threebroadband.co.uk/home-broadband

If Three signal isn't great in your area then EE, Vodafone etc offer mobile broadband too, but not priced as competively as Three.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @steve991,

I'm sorry that you are still experiencing poor speeds and for the inconvenience that this is causing you. As the troubleshooting hasn't resolved this problem, please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it. @SammyM has ownership of this for you and will be in touch once you've raised the fault and we've investigated this further with our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
steve991
Grafter

HI there,

It is really unacceptable that the onus is on me to raise a fault. Im currently paying £31 a month for a practically unusable service.

Can you let me know the complaint procedure please? your about to lose a customer

regards

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @steve991 

I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing connection problems. I can see my colleague @SammyM is happy to take ownership of this complaint and fault for you as of the 13th December and we've been waiting for you to raise the fault.

I agree that if you've advised us you've carried out the troubleshooting steps and if you've advised you're unable to raise a fault yourself online then we can raise the fault on your behalf, looking back through your account I can see we did this last year for you requesting your availability for an engineer to visit and we received no response back.

I've now raised the fault again with our suppliers and added a reply to your fault ticket you'll be able to view and reply to by logging into your account and going Here or responding to the text we've sent. 

If you can post back once you've responded we'll get this picked up as soon as we can. Thank you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @steve991 I'm just posting back to follow up and see how you're getting on.

I'm happy to call you back to arrange an engineer if it's easier? Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
steve991
Grafter

Hi Gandalf

I'm sorry for slow response, my phone was in for repair and as my broadband is effectively intermittent at best I've been unable to contact you. I'm currently writing this on my phone hotspot. This is a farcical situation! Yes, please raise a fault on my behalf. As far as I can see, the wiring in my flat isnt at fault as its fairly new and has BT openreach branded. Therefore the fauly must lie on the telegraph pole to my flat.

In the past you've been able to see from that end if my line is 'banded' or whatever, why isnt that the case now? Also how do you justify taking £30 a month when this service is next to useless?

I'd like to escalate my complaint to see some money re-funded.

Please advice, as I write this I dont have broadband at all.

Best

Steve

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @steve991, thank you for getting back in touch. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this fault is causing you. As discussed, Sammy has ownership of your complaint and, once the fault is resolved, she will be able to arrange a pro-rata refund of your broadband subscription charges from the day that this fault was reported to us up to the day it's resolved and she would also be able to look into a goodwill offer for the inconvenience caused.

Although your wiring may be relatively new, things can develop faults that aren't obvious and it is worth having your internal wiring checked. As our tests aren't picking up the cause of the problem from here, the only way that we can progress this with our suppliers is for an engineer to visit your property and carry out some tests from your master socket to try and get to the bottom of what is causing this problem.

Your requested appointment slot of 8am - 1pm on Monday the 13th of January is now showing as available so I've booked this in for you. I have asked Sammy to contact you after the visit to check how you're getting on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
steve991
Grafter

thank you

I'll look forward to that

Steve

steve991
Grafter

Hi there

The BT engineer came out this morning (really nice chap) and confirmed what I thought, the problem is at the telegraph pole. As the pole is so old it needs scaffolding to get up, BT chap has put in a request to sort it.

Thanks for help thus far

Steve

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @steve991

I can see my colleague @SammyM is continuing to monitor this for you and we'll update you as soon as we know more

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team