Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uPnP Issues (Possibly)

gswindale
Grafter

uPnP Issues (Possibly)

Hi All,
I posted a while back about an issue with our Netgear DGN2200v3 router in that it would intermittently lose connection to our USB Hard-drive via Windows Explorer (FTP worked fine) - also our SONOS system would lose connection at the same time.
We have recently upgraded to a Synology Diskstation DS214SE; and all was working fine until earlier this evening when the SONOS system threw a bit of a wobbly.
I then checked via a PC as to whether I could connect to the Diskstation - by the IP Address I could; but by it's "Diskstation" network name I could not.  Windows explorer also will not connect.
Having logged in; I checked the logs to find
System could not find uPnP-supported Gateway (192.168.0.1)

Having checked in my router settings; uPnP is enabled; so it looks like there might be an issue with how this works on this router?
I guess I could manually configure all the ports; but I wouldn't really know where to start!  Unfortunately I do not have a "spare" router available to play with 😞
Any advice gratefully received.
4 REPLIES 4
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: uPnP Issues (Possibly)

I think that's a red herring - uPnP plays no part in communication between devices on your LAN.
gswindale
Grafter

Possibly; however I'm struggling to see what else could be causing the issues?
It seems that something is disrupting the Windows file sharing across the board and is maybe router related?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, doesn't seem to be that given you've said you can access it via IP address? If file sharing works fine that way then file sharing is fine, it's that the router is no longer mapping the IP to the device's name. Why that's happening though I'm afraid I've no idea.
Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick there though?
gswindale
Grafter

Does seem strange.
Got home today and decided to see what the SONOS did and it played perfectly.  My thought here is that it needed to refresh the library to reset all file locations.
File sharing etc all seems to be working fine as well tonight.