cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timeouts and phone problems

exileshope
Dabbler

Re: timeouts and phone problems

Ive ordered a microfilter so will test then. 

But meantime my internet drops out 2-3 times every evening. And takes 2-3 mins to come back each time. Seriously irritating.

Presumably if there is a fault with the master socket then Plusnet can send an engineer to resolve as they installed it?

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

It might turn out to be rein <-- google it, based purely on your post immediately above.

Regarding the master socket, I'd hope to think PN or BT would pick up the tab for this, plus as you rightly said it has been installed by an engineer - (either Openreach or a contractor acting on behalf of Openreach)

exileshope
Dabbler

Chris

Opened the front up and connected the phone and net via the mastersocket and a new microfilter.

Phone line now working correctly (this morning before doing this the phone was dead -no dial tone- with or without the internet unplugged).

Are you able to retest?

Presumably i will need to get Plusnet to send a man to replace the master socket to resolve this.

Regards

MArc

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I believe that anything past the test socket is a potentially chargeable visit, including the master socket faceplate. We can arrange an engineer, however this does run the risk of the £65 engineer fee if they deem it. If possible it's worth just checking the wiring in to the back of the master socket faceplate and see if they are good and tight.

Testing the line now isn't showing any errors, so it does appear that moving where you've plugged in has resolved this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Does the removable lower faceplate now fit the original back box?

To clarify, I mean without the part with the top socket.

If it does, and Chris doesn't mind, then have it tested again - if the fault is now also clear, this rules out your internal wiring and thus the BT supplied part is at fault and in theory it should be replaced foc?

I hope this makes sense...?