cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

three weeks without broadband

mattyjones84
Dabbler

three weeks without broadband

had an engineer out that week said the fault would be sorted the week after because they had to get traffic lights out to control the traffic as the location of the fault was dangerous almost 2 weeks later and its still not sorted.
I think I've had 1 update from you in the entire 3 week period and another request for an engineer to attend my address? I set this up for today between 1pm and 6pm and no engineer has turned up. I booked this off work specifically because I work 2 - 10 every day so cannot guarantee either time slot.
I assume the fact I have not had broadband for 3 weeks I will not be charged for the service in February? In my current frame of mind I'm tempted to send you an invoice for all the time I am wasting chasing you fools for something to get done.
Absolute joke of a service especially when I'm getting less than 0.2mb speed.
Roll on the end of my 12 month contract its been a nightmare from the start.

4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: three weeks without broadband

You might find http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights helpful
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with us.
With regards to the engineer not attending, I'm really sorry for this, I can see one was booked in and it's unacceptable that the engineer didn't attend, our Faults Team will deal with this.
I can see that an engineer has been assigned for this afternoon to resolve this issue for you. I appreciate it's been a long time waiting for this issue to be resolved, I hope all goes well this afternoon for you.
mattyjones84
Dabbler

Engineer has been and gone still no internet and again I'm chasing plusnet for an update.......
Any idea what is going on?
This is all getting rather silly now
I am currently thinking it may be quicker for me to apply for a job as a BT engineer go through the recruit process and training and fix the problem myself at this rate.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

We've received notes from the engineer who has tried uplifting your connection onto a different D-side (Cabling between your Green Cabinet and your premises) but the engineer was unable to gain any connection.
The engineer has commented the difficulties are due to the very length of your line, however this is to be investigated further. I appreciate this isn't the news you'd like to hear, however, engineers and ourselves are doing our best to rectify the issue for you. Our Faults Team will be back in touch.