cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thomson st516v8

firefly2
Grafter

thomson st516v8

hi, since installing this thomson router last Monday [ am not wireless ]  the screen shows on opening > windows no disk < followed by two or three rows of question marks . today it came with a assortment of figs and symbols. i did not click on continue. should i have done or how can i get rid of it? do not know what it means. can anyone help please . thanks  Undecided
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: thomson st516v8

what do you mean by install as there is no need to install anything on your computer to use the router
firefly2
Grafter

@ Oldjim.
i changed from a voyager 210 to the thomson [sent by plusnet ] as the voyager was broken.  thanks.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Was the Voyager connected through the USB port and did you install software for this - if so you would need to uninstall it.
To clarify.
When you installed the 585 router did you install anything or just plugged it in to the socket and connected to the computer via the network connector
Which screen are you trying to open when you get the windows no disk report.
Can you do a screen print and post it using the Additional Options box
Edit - just realised that you have a 516 not a 585  Embarrassed
If you are connecting via the USB port you would need to uninstall the Voyager Software first.
firefly2
Grafter

hello Oldjim,
the new router and the old were connected into pc by the yellow ethernet cable then one into mains and other into combined phone connection. had to introduce with help from plus net who gave me numbers  etc. the instrctions did not give me those.
sorry late return had to nip into town. thankyou. just took the other out.