cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thompson wifi issues

shedplus

thompson wifi issues

Just recently my wifi has been flakey as hell. No change in the home set up, 2 laptops running win7, 2 phones connecting and no other wifi appliances.
Checked local usage and I am on a different channel as all local users so not an issue there.
do the plusnet supplied routes have a shelflife regarding wifi failing or any win 7 updated that could have caused this? It has occured accros all devices so I am pointing the finger at the router currently.
L.
3 REPLIES 3
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: thompson wifi issues

There could still be interference on your wifi channel that wouldn't be visible on a scan of wifi networks. The fact that you can't see any other wifi networks on your channel could just mean that you can't see them past the interference, or that they have detected the interference and automatically decided to avoid using your channel. So just try other channels, different networks sharing the same channel shouldn't be a huge problem.
Also, which router do you have? They're not called Thomson anymore.
shedplus

Unless someone popped in and changed the sticker mine is still Thompson  Cheesy its a 585 v8.
I'll look at another channel and see where that gets me.
L.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The infamous 585v8. You should check that the router isn't crashing and rebooting, by looking at the router's event log. And check the firmware version.
It's possible there could be a new device within wireless range, but you can't see the network it's on because its router is further away and out of range.