cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

technicolor plus net lost all range for last 3 hours

dancewav

technicolor plus net lost all range for last 3 hours

This is strange (at least to me) been with Plus net fibre for about 6 weeks, great, wireless all round the house, great speeds, about 12.30 today (24.03.2013) all internet connections dropped off that weren't in the same room as the router, in fact only the ethernet connected xbox and laptop remained on., on Wireless , only devices about 3 meters from the router stay connected, go about 4 - 5 meters and the devices lose all signal , they dont go weak, just totally can't see the router.
1. I have reset router and modem , no different.
2. I have done speedtest on the ethernet and the signal is strong
what is going on , any ideas, will log a ticket soon if not resolved, the only thing I can think is that something has broke in the router. it has lost all range.
4 REPLIES 4
Bright
Grafter

Re: technicolor plus net lost all range for last 3 hours

One of your neighbours started using the same wireless channel and it's causing interference, possibly.
You can check which channels are being used using a programme like InSSIDer (Windows) or WiFi Explorer (on Mac App Store).
dancewav

makes sense, downloading now , will update for future posters
dancewav

Smiley good call Mr Bright, never heard of this before , but that was the problem , switched to channel 5 (not the TV) and bang Wifi back to its best. Good job Sir ! Cool
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

It doesn't necessarily mean that the neighbours using the same channel was the cause of the problem. For all we know, you could have both been co-existing on the same channel with no problems for the past 6 weeks. Instead, it could have been that something switched on at 12:30 was outputting some non-wifi interference, not visible to something like InSSIDer, which changing the channel avoided.