cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching from sky fibre to plus.net

scolclough

switching from sky fibre to plus.net

Hi there.
So after 2 solid months of problems with sky fibre we decided to switch to plusnet.
Our activation date was today and i was told that an engineer would need to attend the property and this was arranged between 1 and 6 pm today.
Around 4pm when no one had arrived (not surprised considering my previous run ins with openreach) i was told that there is a delay due to a fault at the exchange and
my new service date is now the 19th although no time is known and no one called me to even let me know that the engineer wasnt attending.
So not a great start with you guys tbh so my question is, is the 19th a resolution date or an completed date. and if im on sky firbe with a llu line and an openreach modem already setup like the person from a few posts below why does an engineer even need to attend the property.
Regards
Steve
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: switching from sky fibre to plus.net

Hi Steve,
Sorry to see that no engineer arrived today, from what I can see one shouldn't have been needed. It is a simultaneous provides and external work is required.
I've spoken with our suppliers and the external work is due to be completed on Monday 19th and you'll be able to connect.
I'll update your ticket to reflect this.
Apologies for the delay and that you weren't informed of this.

scolclough

Hi Chris thanks for the response.
is the date monday the 18 or tuesday the 19  Wink so am i right in reading that no one will be required at the property?
Steve
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Ooops, it's completion by Tuesday 19th, there's no engineer that will be attending.