Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sudden lack of streaming capability.

DunMcH22
Grafter
Fixes: 1

sudden lack of streaming capability.

Hi,

I've always had a decent broadband speed (12-15Mbs) and often stream HD movies from Itunes in an evening, with a minimum of buffering required. But for the last week or so, I've barely been able to stream anything without hours of buffering before hand. I've been with Plusnet for 10+ years  without any problems. Any Ideas?

Thanks

D.M.

6 REPLIES 6
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: sudden lack of streaming capability.

Hello there. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds. Have you been through any trouble shooting yet/Are you connecting over wireless or a wired connection? In the mean time I'll be happy to run a few tests on our side tomorrow morning for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
DunMcH22
Grafter

Thanks for replying. I'm connecting over wireless, but don't seem to have to have any problem with normal web browsing. i've made sure that I'm using a relatively uncluttered channel for wifi. I should say that I normally switch off my router overnight. I know that I shouldn't ,but I've done it for 10+ years without impacting my broadband speed. My router is a Netgear DGN2200v4.

Thanks

D.M.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@DunMcH22 I'm having difficulty in locating your account. Can you PM me your username please?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your PM.

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 17.8 27.5
SNR Margin: 6.2 3.0
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 662 10123
Speed: 1279 17991

image14684162434681

Whilst your connection is stable, the signal to noise ratio is too low which can cause speed/throughput issues. I've made a change to DLM now to raise this which should come into effect within 1 hour.

DunMcH22
Grafter

Thanks for all you help. I've also purchased and set up a new Modem/Router (Netgear D7000). This seems to have given me a more stable Wifi signal/speed of about 15Mbs. I'm going to try and stream a HD movie tonight to see if everything is back to normal. And then monitor it for a few days.

Many thanks,

D.M.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesomeness, no problem. Hopefully it should resolve your issue.