Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed problem??

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: speed problem??

Looks like some profile mismatching on BT's systems somewhere perhaps.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Yeah you've completed that now, our faults team will investigate and they'll be in-touch once they've got the results.
If you have any queries with this let me know.
axlstod
Grafter

Not sure whats been done,missed a call today,a message was sent telling me to run the btspeedtester again.So i did that and after each test the speed seemed to be getting faster.Could'nt run the test using speedtest@speedtest_domain router log-in though,its was saying service was unavaliable or busy.
Seems to be fine again now.
Was there a problem?and has it been sorted or is my improved speeds just one big puzzle?
Thanks.
Anotherone
Champion

What sort of results are you getting from the Diagnostic test on the BT Speedtester?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Our faults team found no issues with your connection after initial testing. It would be best to monitor and let us know if this issue reoccurs.
Anotherone
Champion

Did anyone check to see if there was a Profile mis-match on one of BT's systems?
axlstod
Grafter

right now with btspeedtester im getting.
download speed 6.25
upload speed 0.38
ping latency 48.75
though im wireless again now but yesterday i was wired but the results were roughly the same.
axlstod
Grafter

funny thing was i didnt start getting good speeds until i tried using the test using speedtest@speedtest_domain router log-in.
Once i'd logged back in using my own username and password things started to improve.
perhaps my router had somehow messed up.
Anotherone
Champion

I suspect it was something to do with an old session that hadn't been disconnected properly. It's an oddity I saw mentioned recently, I'll see if I can find it.
If you think you have a throughput speed issue, it's the Diagnostic BT speed test to keep an eye on as that tells you the BT profile. And as mentioned before the Current Line speed at the member centre.