cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed issues again

johnd07
Grafter

speed issues again

been on plus net for a month all was good at first but my speed has dropped down to about 1.6 mb so slow i can't watch net flicks  as wifi keeps disconnecting so i am not happy i have spent most of today trying to get though to them worst customer dervices i have ever encountered, they should rethink their logo to if you want service go elsewhere . so if you are thinking of signing  up to this company you will be better of using two tin can with a piece of string yet another bunch of scammers
9 REPLIES 9
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: speed issues again

It sounds like a fault might have developed on your line. Have you been through the Connection Problems guide here?
David
johnd07
Grafter

spoke to a so called expert at plus net and was told to do a speed test on bt which won't work so told to try three times in the future at leest 1hr apart if still not working i can open a fault ticket which could cost me £60 so much for good honest broadband from yorkshire by the amount of posts about speed issues i think they promise something they know they can't deliver feel well let down by this third class company that is run by chancres who employ good people and then sh,t on them from above leaving them to take the flack  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If you follow the advised procedures fully then it should not cost you £60.  They must advise of this possible charge if a BT engineer discovers that the fault is caused by your own internal wiring or equipent, the test procedures are designed to eliminate these so avoiding the charge.  If you follow the advice given you should get sorted and not lumbered with a charge.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
johnd07
Grafter

the trouble i have is that on plus nets site it take you to a speediest site that give the same reading as speediest.net  but we are told that is not reliable so why have they put that link on this website ?. maybe to slow down repines time and confuse customers, also as with other posts on this forum it seems that the router they send out is not up to the job was told this by a member of the tech support team which beggars the question why supply a substandard router which will only damage plus net  reputation if they cared about the customer, also if you tell tech support you are having speed issues on both wifi or ethernet why do they tell you that the wifi signal is being blocked by something ?. it appears that plus net boost your speed for a while and then slowly drop it till the customer complains will be making a complant to of com about this also watchdog . i always try to use a so called english company as i am a proud englishman but i have found plus nets to be wanting in customer service on average at weekend call waiting times of 40 min , and weekdays of 10 mins very poor yet when you phone to signup no waiting time
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to hear about the issues your having but I'd like to state that we really do want to help and with your cooperation we can help you.
which beggars the question why supply a substandard router which will only damage plus net  reputation if they cared about the customer

We're doing this because we do care about you as a customer and that also ties into:
i can open a fault ticket which could cost me £60

because we'd rather make sure you can try an alternate router than stand the risk for an engineer being sent out only to find that your router may be causing the fault.
Just to clarify for you on that point, raising a fault doesn't cost £60. That's a potential charge that can befall you if for example your equipment is to blame (in which case we'll do all we can to help you), the engineer is unable to access your property at the time of the visit.
We don't wish to confuse or upset anyone and if you'd like some help with the fault checker: http://faults.plus.net just say the word and I'll be happy to pick up the phone and go over this on the phone with you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
johnd07
Grafter

[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Phone numbers removed but put where staff can see them ]
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for your time on the phone, as mentioned we genuinely only wish to help you here and if you do decide to leave I'd need to advise you to call our customer options team as per the details here: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/request_mac_key.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
johnd07
Grafter

thank you for the time on the phone today , it saddens me that  you seemed to talk down to me you offered me a loan router which its is only a loan but if the loan router proves my router is not working as it should there was no offer to replace it i will have to pay? also a note to all plus net customers i have been told that if your acteul is not as quote as we can quote as miss sold ,my line speed quoted on plus net website 7.1 yet i am only getting 3.8 , do not trust this company , it is owned by bt and treats its customers as bad as bt do
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
If the router is proved faulty then of course we'll replace it, it's guaranteed for 12 months Smiley That will of course be at no cost to you.
With regard to the speed estimate, you're correct - however I believe we (the ISP) have a chance to make all reasonable effort to fix the fault and are only liable if it's proven that we haven't done so. I can see you have raised a fault and that one of our support agents has arranged to send you a new router, I hope this solves the problem for you but if not we'll be able to get the fault escalated to our supplier and get the line investigated.