Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed etc

Fenster
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

speed etc

Hi,
Problem with really slow speed, worse than normal dialup. Running diagnostics on my dlink router and it reports errors with ' ping isp default gateway: FAIL' and ' Ping Preferred DNS server: FAIL. Both these fluctuate, sometimes they both pass sometimes only one fails when i run the diagnostics , but my speed is constantly very very slow for over a week now any time of day. Computer shows connection with router excellent , lights on router normal. Never had this happen before. I am not technical, any ideas please?
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: speed etc

Hi there,
I've just posted an update to a service status regarding slow speeds. In your case we've received notification from Tiscali that they are having some problems at various exchanges, I've checked and yours is in the list of affected exchanges.
I'll update the service status again tomorrow with any information we've received.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Fenster
Rising Star

Thanks very much for looking into it, glad its not my equipment.
Fenster
Rising Star

same thing happened again been ofline for last three days, rebooted router today and back online don't know how long it will last.