cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed & usage

samgregkt
Grafter

speed & usage

My download allowance was 60Gb. My family doesn't do any gaming or streaming (no films). I'm constantly being told that I've used over my allowance, I have no way to prove or disprove this. I was advised by PN to change my service to unlimited & after taking advice from the forum I changed to unlimited last week. My connection has now virtually stopped. My son has GCSE study work that has to be completed this weekend & there is about a ten minute wait to simply connect to Google. I raised a ticket questioning once again my over use, but as usual it's a 3 day wait for a response. Help is desperately needed. 
6 REPLIES 6
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Re: speed & usage

Can you post your router stats?
Have you tried restarting the router
How are you connecting (wired or wirelessly)?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Phone up
Were you changed last week or did you request it last week
If that was when you requested it then it will only happen on your billing date and you may need to increase your allowable spend
However something is hitting your usage and it isn't what you are claiming as your normal usage
Even on restricted profile 256/256kbps you shouldn't see that effect
I suspect that someone - son perhaps  Lips_are_sealed - has a P2P application running or your wireless has been hacked
samgregkt
Grafter

Now I'm really confused. Please can someone from PN staff have a look at my account summary. I have a 'pending' on my unlimited order status & a cessation of service charge of £25, actuivated. I applied to have my service changed to unlimited on 1st October 2013, the date on my account overview is 01/01/1970. I didn't want my broadband removed, please reinstate my service. I now have no service at home & I'm trying to deal with this from my work place.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

You really need to phone Customer Services -its unlikely that this post will be seen/acted upon before Monday as the Digital Care team don't work the weekends.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Cessation of service charge £25 activated is completely normal - see picture - and just means that should you leave without using a Mac you will be charged
If you asked for the change on Oct 1st then it will happen on your next billing date which is presumably why it is pending
Note if your billing date is Oct 1st then the change will have missed it
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@samgregkt
When you arrange to move products this takes place on your next billing date, this is tomorrow(8th) for you. I can see that you changed the amount of your data transfer watch so your speeds should now have improved?