cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed after hitting 4gb peaktime,on b/b+.

owlguard
Grafter

speed after hitting 4gb peaktime,on b/b+.

Hi,just wondered,does your speed drop to around 230 from 1900,as soon as you hit the 4gb mark on + and is it done automatically or by someone in the plusnet centre.Im on the last hours and tommorow is the start of a new month,so im hoping if it is plusnet whos zapped my speeds,very quickly after ive hit 4 gb peak time,i will get my 2gb speeds back tommorow morning and try not to be a bad boy again,for the first time ever i might add.
                            regards ray. and up the owls.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: speed after hitting 4gb peaktime,on b/b+.

This is done automatically when you hit your usage ceiling on broadband plus - the speed is restricted to 256kbit. It will reset automatically on your billing date and your regular speeds will return as the usage resets.
Hope that helps, and I'll pass on the Wednesday message to Mand, she'll be chuffed.
pcoventry76
Grafter

hehe nice to see a fellow owl
This is probably the 256k after hitting your allowance - in which case yes it will be regraded to your normal speed at midnight - the overnight usage is not part of your allowance and it should be ready again for 8am if not shortly after - i would have thought though when it unrestricts at midnight it would stay there (unless it dosen't which would be weird)
beat me by seconds Matt Smiley
owlguard
Grafter

Thanks to you orbrey and of course the coventry owl,what a win yesterday,1-2 and hehi hehi hehi oh,up the football league we go,when we win promotion,this is what well sing,we are Wednesday,we are Wednesday and the Wednesdayites are the Kings.
                          COW,oh go on then,come on Wednesday.
pcoventry76
Grafter

your dam right it was and your dam right we will Smiley  Grin
James
Grafter

*tries very hard to avoid posting in this thread and fails*