Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam filters

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

spam filters

bet if I'd spelt that out in full it would have been blocked so why the hell can the following get through to me and my family?
Stupid blondie chick [Censored] in the bus
Wild college party public facial [Censored]
[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin):  Swear words removed from thread title. also URL removed from body text. ]
6 REPLIES 6
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Re: Fing sh*t spam filters

So the forum s/ware can delete the anglo saxon for rumpy pumpy but the mail servers can't?
cp:blue Full quote of preceding post removed. mod:end
Teds31
Grafter

Re: Fing sh*t spam filters

I have to agree with the above I have had some real bad E-mails recently.Is it not possible to spam all these.
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Re: spam filters

Quote from: PhyllisTyne
bet if I'd spelt that out in full it would have been blocked so why the hell can the following get through to me and my family?
Stupid blondie chick [Censored] in the bus
Wild college party public facial [Censored]
[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin):  Swear words removed from thread title. also URL removed from body text. ]

There were no swear words in the title and maybe chillypenguin should work on the mail servers. I find this kind of thing wholly unacceptable in that Plusnets mail servers allow my children to be exposed to all of this stuff (it wasn't even as if this spammer was making any attempt to evade detection) yet an open debate about the problem on a forum that is probably frequented by more mature people is censored in this way. Is it because it is easy Plusnet !!!!
PT
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Chilly does not work for PlusNet, like all the other mods he is a normal user like you and me.
No spam filter system will ever be 100% accurate. PN are continually updating the system to try and improve the detection but the spammers are always several steps ahead on any system on the market.
The use of profanity is not allowed in the forums as specifically stated in the forum rules. Any such use will always be edited or removed by the mods.
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Peter
Chilly does not work for PlusNet, like all the other mods he is a normal user like you and me.
No spam filter system will ever be 100% accurate.

I'm not expecting 100% but a plain text message containing the F word and making other explicit references should not be beyond the wit of even the most rudimentary system.
If Plusnet and its handmaidens got as agitated about spam as it does BB postings I think we might all be a lot happier.
PT
PT
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

It was not just the profanity (which I wouldn't want blocked automatically) but the use of various words/terms with the inclusion of a dodgy URL and a blank subject line that I would have thought any half decent spam filter would have stopped. Spambayes certainly flagged it at my end and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been the only copy of this message Plusnets servers will have seen.