Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

something just happen? couldn't do anything online for 5 minutes give or take

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

something just happen? couldn't do anything online for 5 minutes give or take

I am currently on pcl-ag03 and yet to gateway hop, but for just over 5 minutes I could do nothing online, which just cleared as I was about to gateway hop.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: something just happen? couldn't do anything online for 5 minutes give or take

Getting a repeat again, sites either slow to load or fail to load at all.  Gateway hoped a few times and got mostly PCL's currently on ptw-ag02, also tried OpenDNS/PN's s/Googles DNS servers with no change, I was using Opendns 208.67.220.220 primary and PN 212.159.6.10 secondary when it first started
I had the same fault a month or more back when I thought my then TG582n had died, which was replaced with another TG582n I got as a tester for a previous fault.
So so far tonight:
No phoneline noise
Was already connected via the test socket
Tried different DNS servers in case it was them with no change
Tried different gateways and no change
Now the dreaded weekend ticket and no BT until Monday at earliest
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: something just happen? couldn't do anything online for 5 minutes give or take

I have been testing my new modem/router today, and did see unexplained packet loss issues at a similar time   Undecided

[EDIT: TBB latency graph fixed and Packet Loss graph added]
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Packet loss on that graph purleigh looks to me as some sort of regular download maxing out the line, probably nothing to worry about as it's just how that router handles ICMP packets when the line is busy.
Oh, and you might want to fix that graph to show the snapshot of the particular day in question, as at the moment it appears to be the live version updating constantly. Not much use looking at it later when it's already gone passed.  Wink
That's RPM to you!!