cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed, obvious exchange problem, where to go from here?

barireid
Grafter

slow speed, obvious exchange problem, where to go from here?

For a good long while now I regularly suffer from slow speeds/disconnects (although disconnects seems to have ceased)
The problem I have is that no matter how often I report it, I get the same thing every time, and have waste time explaining that it's definitely not my equipment and it's a problem at the exchange -  there are several neighbours (with different suppliers) who have all reported the same issues but every time I speak to someone at plusnet they say there are no reported issues with the exchange and because my 1mbps is within the range they can't (or won't) raise it with the wholesaler
the engineer that has visited to test the line has told me there are numerous complaints about the exchange, how can I get someone to raise the issue with the wholesaler, so they know just how many people are having these issues
hopefully the satellite broadband a community group are talking about gets going until they can be bothered to fix the exchange
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: slow speed, obvious exchange problem, where to go from here?

I'm sorry to read about this issue. If you can send me a private message with your username? the username you have for community seems to link to an account that's been closed for some time.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
barireid
Grafter

still going around in circles with this, don't want to waste more time waiting for an engineer visit to come and look, say there is no fault on the line and it's an exchange problem - then nothing more to be done about it until I raise the same complaint a week or so later, only to be told that an engineer will have to visit etc etc
It really is frustrating paying for a service that is so bad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'm sorry you feel like this is going around in circles.Whilst we understand your frustration we're only able to proceed through the fault process via the means of a visit as the next step as remote tests aren't showing any obvious issues, hence we won't be able to get an engineer to be dispatched straight to the exchange.
Please don't take this as a criticism just as an observation I can see that with each fault ticket that's been open for investigating this there has been a gap of at least a couple of weeks with each one, that's meant that's resulted in this being broached with our suppliers on multiple fault reports (as they time out and close after a few days) which hasn't helped with the progress of this matter. so I can tell that some persistence and continuity is needed to get this issue progressed from our side as well as yours.
I'm happy to oversee this issue to make sure we're doing our bit and staying on top of this for you but if you can reply with regards to an appointment in the meantime on the open ticket that would be appreciated. By the way I'll do my best to make sure we as the engineer to visit to run checks at the exchange too.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
barireid
Grafter

unfortunately I can only open new tickets all the time because the tickets keep getting closed once I have a stable connection for a few days.
Can you not use the engineers report from the last time, i.e. he came found no fault on the line and said it was an issue with the exchange that is widespread?
It's such a waste of time to send this poor guy around all our houses to try and diagnose something that isn't there and he has to do it because he is instructed to by openreach to tick the box that the fault has been investigated, whilst at the same time it's left to me to waste hours and hours, reporting a fault, waiting in for engineers, posting on these forums - and still the underlying issue isn't addressed