Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow slow speeds

spitfire999

slow slow speeds

Your current speed is:
233.40kbps
Which means you can download at 29.18 KB/sec. from our servers. Our results show that your current speed is below the level we would expect for your product, you may be able to increase the speed of your connection by adjusting your settings.

This is what Ive had for the past few days now, I havnt exceeded my downloading limit or anything either. Any particular reason for it?
10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: slow slow speeds

I havnt exceeded my downloading limit or anything either.

Have a look at this link:-
Broadband Plus
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spitfire999

Well apparantly I have an 8GB usage limit.
And that page tells me I should still be able to get something along the lines of at least 1mbps, Im barely getting a quarter of that.  Huh
James
Grafter

Hi Spitfire,
You're on Broadband Plus and not Your Way option 2.
Broadband Plus has 256Kbps restrictions applied after 4GB of peak usage (4pm to midnight) and has a guideline maximum of 50GB during off peak times.
BBYW Option 2 carries a limit of 8GB during peak times of 8am until midnight, with no set limits being present off peak.
spitfire999

Ah ok fair enough.
Why is it its been pretty speed then until just a few days ago? Or is it just down to me going over the usage thingy.
James
Grafter

Hi again,
It's just because you have gone over 4GB peak usage.
spitfire999

ok, thanks  Cool
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
Do you use the internet a lot between 0800-1600hrs, if not you may better off on BBYW Option 2 (which will give you 8GB usage, compared to your current 4GB).

how long have you been on your contract?  I reject BBYW and stayed on my old contract that gives me off peak from midnight to 4pm I think if its less than 30 days you could switch back to your old contract
puddy
Mark
Grafter

how long have you been on your contract

He is on the old BB Plus package which is now no longer for sale, not BBYW.
puddy
Grafter

The problem with bbyw off peak from midnight to 8am is at weekends it is still peak time.
I would like to see more off peak usage at the weekend and bank holidays.
Are plusnet going to count xmas day as off peak this year?
puddy
James
Grafter

Puddy,
There won't be any changes to the peak and off peak times over the holiday period.
8am until midnight will still be the busiest times of the day.  That doesn't change just because it's a weekend or a holiday.