Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow internet and and lose connection

FIXED
thirsty87
Hooked

slow internet and and lose connection

hi i would like to know if any of you can help i have very slow net and i keep loseing connection i tryed to speak to someone on the online chat on the 1st of aug. the 1st person i spoke to said he could see i was loseing connection and went and did a test next thing i know the chat had ended i lost connection so started againg with soneone else they told me to try diffrent things but i had done them befor talking to anyone then she went and did a test and the same happend again the chat had ended so i thought 3rd time lucky and all he kept saying that there was nothings wrong with my internet and i should try useing the ethernet cable i told him i could not as i was on my tablet as that was the only computer that would connect then he says use ur mobile data i had used it all on trying to connect to there page. has anyone had any trouble with there connection and been slow.

12 REPLIES 12
AA112

Re: slow internet and and lose connection

Same here. Really good signal but very poor and slow connection. C-R-A-P really.

thirsty87
Hooked

im sick of just sitting there i need it fixing but nothing.

AA112

They provided some troubleshooting guide but they don’t work.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi thirsty87, sorry to see there's an issue. I've just tested your line and reported it with our supplier. Here's a direct link to the ticket where we'll add updates for you https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=180099186

@AA12 I've just been testing your line and we're not seeing any issues. I'm guessing you usually connect over WiFi? If so I'd take a look at the advice here which should help: https://goo.gl/BBd2Tu

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
thirsty87
Hooked

admin details that are provided with the router is there another way to find them as i have lost the card and i dont think its on my router.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Look again, there should be a label fixed to it somewhere.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @thirsty87,

Thanks for getting in touch. There is a sticker on the base of the hub, under the legs which has all the details that were added to the detachable card.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
thirsty87
Hooked

found it and have tryed changeing the channels but still the same thinking of leavning as nothing is been done.

Baldrick1

@thirsty87

If you read post number 5 from Adam  you will see that there is a fault on your line that has been reported, so something is being done. I suggest that you look at the ticket referenced in this post as it may involve you having to make an appointment for an engineer visit. Changing wifi channels is a waste of time until the identified fault is fixed.

Moderator and Customer

thirsty87
Hooked

@Baldrick1 it also says for me to have a look on a website and i have and it tells me to change my channel on my router anf the ticket says it has been passed to the supplier nothing about an enginner.

Baldrick1

OK, obviously I have no idea what it says on your ticket. All I read is:

Hi thirsty87, sorry to see there's an issue. I've just tested your line and reported it with our supplier. Here's a direct link to the ticket where we'll add updates for you https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=180099186

I agree that this is far from clear but I presume that it would not be reported to 'our supplier', that is, the part of BT that repairs faults unless a fault had been found during the testing. If there's a fault on your line then changing wireless channel is not going to fix it.

You now need to keep a watch on the ticket to track progress and/or reply to chase things up.

Moderator and Customer

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @thirsty87,

I'm sorry for the confusion caused. I can confirm that Adam tested your line and the test picked up a potential issue, so this was raised to our suppliers for further investigation.

I have checked your fault now and have been able to get an update from our suppliers regarding the next step towards getting this resolved for you. As this is account specific information I can't go into detail on here so I have added my response to the fault ticket. You can view this here.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team