cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow.disconnect..slow.disconnect..engineer..slow disconnect. you get the pic.

help
Dabbler

Re: slow.disconnect..slow.disconnect..engineer..slow disconnect. you get the pic.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: slow.disconnect..slow.disconnect..engineer..slow disconnect. you get the pic.

P,
These gaps are horrible!  You seem quite confident with this monitoring technology.  I suggest that you switch to the full RouterStats version and enable Telnet mode.  This will also show tone and bit swap data.
Hopefully someone from DCT will pick this up soon and get an action plan in place for REIN investigation.
Just a passing thought - is your monitoring PC connect by wire or wifi to the router?  If there is wifi interference (check with inSIDDer) then the monitoring PC cannot collect the stats during that interference resulting in a distorted view of the issue.  I have also seen a flaky TG router not return stats due to being very busy managing FECs.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi help,
I've just had a look over your Fault ticket and can see that you've mentioned about having noise on your line - is this constant noise or does this just happen from time to time?
help
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
The phone isn't usually plugged in, I use the line solely for broadband. When I plugged the phone in to check when going through the fault steps to raise the ticket, there was a lot of static. I have left the phone in and have been checking from time to time. It doesn't seem to be constant. However I wanted to answer the question as best as poss when raising the ticket. Have now been sent email requesting another engineer visit.  It also says in the email that testing on the line hasn't revealed any problem. Advice?
P
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As you've done all the checks to prove it is a fault on the line and not with any equipment or wiring at your premises, booking the engineer visit will be the best way to progress the fault for sure - if you let us know when you're available (weekdays either in the mornings between 8am and 1pm or afternoons between 1pm and 6pm) we'll get it arranged for you.