cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow customer service

sxykim1
Dabbler

slow customer service

resorted to posting on forums because my ticket is being ignored ...
i raised a fault ticket 3 weeks ago ,my speeds dropped from around 4.mbs to under 2 mbs, i used the bb fault check  thing ,i was told  checks were in place ,then the checks failed ,was phoned saturday morning at 8 am telling me to put plug my router into the main socket ,,i did ,,still no improvement ,phoned plusnet back listened  to a muppet waffle on ,told him to sort asap or i'd leave plusnet ,no response since,
so i just looked at changing providers ,,o2 say they can get me 7mbs ,,so why can't plusnet ?
sort it out boys or send me my mac code ,,u have 7 days
25 REPLIES 25
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: appallling customer service

on this forum, being rude to the staff does not help you get things sorted out
Moominfish
Grafter

RE: The title of this thread,
I totally disagree with this threads title because since I've been a new member of Plusnet many people have helped out or offered good service and advice, Oldjim, Strata, ChrisL and some Plusnet staff Adam Walker being one of them, and also pierre_pierre has responded as well, so I can't see how you can say you've had appalling customer service.
I think you should have come to the forum sooner! And tried to make your very 1st post worded in such a way so as to not make people hate you from the get go! I know hates a strong word but you should understand what I mean!, come on the sort of comment like "sort it out boys or send me my mac code" is pathetic and if I were one of the boys you mentioned I wouldn't be going out my way to help you, in fact you'd be straight down my list sitting oooh let's see around the bottom area of the list.......
matt_2k34
Grafter

as stated, instead of being rude-  why dont you give us some facts and figures so we can see what the problem is.
Router Stats, and main socket ? or TEST socket - there *is* a difference.
phoned plusnet back listened  to a muppet waffle on

that "muppet" was trying to help you - as will the people on the forums.
If it was a matter of you not understanding what he was saying - im sure he would of clarified.
sxykim1
Dabbler

thanks for resolving the problem ,,i'll move to o2
Denzil
Grafter

Of course, if the problem was with your equipment, your house wiring, the BT line between you and the exchange, or equipment at the exchange, then moving ISPs will make absolutely no difference. The support staff have to go through a whole set of very basic checks otherwise BT won't let them raise a fault. Please give them a chance.
Like Matt_2k34 said, if you can give us your connection statistics we might be able to help.
paulpicks21
Grafter

Although I can sympathise that you have some issues with your internet with Plusnet , I think you should have approached it in a different way on the forums.
The forums are fantastic , in the day they are fully staffed and they usually help you out within minutes , I can't praise them highly enough infact.
I think if you come back to this thread tomorrow a member of staff will have taken a look at your account and will hopefully be able to tell you whats going on.
But I must agree with everyone else , the way you have gone about trying to get it sorted on here is definatly not the right way.
Post some stats from your router , people will help you out.
matt_2k34
Grafter

i'll move to o2

Enjoy
Just so you know - you've only spoken to CUSTOMERS who are trying to HELP. Being rude and arrogant is no way to get help.
I Hope you enjoy your move to O2 - Example of why you may regret this
(From the Link)
but they[support] don't know what the problem is

But hey ho - each to their own....
stiffnuts
Grafter

I have to say that I feel as frustrated as the op at the moment. Im not going to bore you by hijacking the thread, but I have been less than impressed since ordering broadband 2 weeks ago and finally getting up and running yesterday. needless to say that I will be getting my mac after the easter weekend!
sxykim1
Dabbler

sorry if i upset anyone ,,that wasn't my intention ,but being messed around really annoys me ,especially when i'm paying for something i'm not getting ...
this is the results i'm getting ,its a brand new router plugged into the bt master socket  and brand new pc

Statistics -- ADSL
Mode: G.DMT
Type: Interleave
Line Coding: Trellis On
Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 11.9  19.0
Attenuation (dB): 51.0  27.5
Output Power (dBm): 11.9  19.3
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 3584  976
Rate (Kbps): 3296  448
K (number of bytes in DMT frame): 104  15
R (number of check bytes in RS code word): 14  4
S (RS code word size in DMT frame): 2  4
D (interleaver depth): 16  8
Delay (msec): 8  8

Super Frames: 34986  34926
Super Frame Errors: 0  0
RS Words: 1189536  593742
RS Correctable Errors: 4  0
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 0  N/A

HEC Errors: 0  0
OCD Errors: 0  0
LCD Errors: 0  0
Total Cells: 4615900  0
Data Cells: 280734  0
Bit Errors: 0  0

Total ES: 0  0
Total SES: 0  0
Total UAS: 11  0
any assistance obviously greatly appreciated ,,
once again sorry for being rude
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: slow customer service

We need two bits of extra information - the result from a BT Speedtest and what this says https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
My guess at the moment is that your default noise margin has increased from 6dB to 12dB due to either instability (too many resyncs in a short time) or too many errors
itsme
Grafter

Are the statistics posted from the Engineer's test socket at the master socket or the usual socket the modem is plugged into?
Unfortunately download speeds do not change instantaneously when testing in the master socket as it can take several days for BT and PN profiles to be updated. But it can be seen whether the problem is do with your internal wiring if straight after a resync at the master socket the sync rate increase. The figures to look at initially are Downstream Rate and SNR Margin. Currently these are 3296 and 11.9 respectively. With SNRM being at 11.9 is an indication that you have noise on the line as the normal target is 6dB.
You also need to check both BT and PN profiles are at 2500kbps which is what it should be for a sync rate of 3296kbps.
sxykim1
Dabbler

yes plugged in test socket ,,
bt test results
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1882 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3296 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps
the other thing
Estimated line speed:
   2.0 - Checked on 2010-03-29 12:36:04
Current line speed:
this is the part that confuses me ,,3 weeks ago before the problem ,it said my line speed was 4.5mps ,now its down to 2.5 mps and i'm getting less than 2mps .
so where has my speed dissapeared to ,,thats all i asked and i've had no explanation ,
fault ticket was raised on march 6th ,still not sorted ?  27 days and no fix ,no reasonable explanation ,,still charged for service though , Angry
HaydnExport
Grafter

going by your line attenuation, the best stable connection you could hope for would be a 4000 ip profile.  And there is no chance of o2 giving you 7mbs . 
itsme
Grafter

You probably lost speed because the SNR margin has increased from 6dB to 12dB. Unfortunately your speed has not deteriorate low enough for BT to seriously look in to it. 
My only suggestion is to remove the ring wire at the master socket and then wait to see if the DLM reduce the SNR margin back to 6dB, this can take weeks to happen.