cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow broadband

andrewkerrj

slow broadband

My broadband speed has got really slow in the last couple of days. Usually my download speed is around 7Mbps but is currently less than 2Mbps.

Also, I sometimes lose the Internet connection on my router, which is bad when I'm in the middle of a Zoom call, for instance. 

A massive wait if I call 0800 432 0200. 

Can anyone help, please? Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: slow broadband

@andrewkerrj  Welcome to the forums. Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

If you decide to also post on the Twitter/Facebook accounts and get a response from there, please come back here and say so.

John
andrewkerrj

Thanks, John. Yes, the line is noisy - lots of crackling. So, I'd better report a line fault, then? Thanks. 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@andrewkerrj Correct - report a phone fault first, it may well rectify your broadband problem.

John