Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow broadband speed

FIXED
hondaman
Fixes: 1

slow broadband speed

Hello
Just before christmas I started to suffer from low broadband speed. It took two and a half hours to download my renewed Kaspersky internet security programme. I've done some speed tests including connecting to the master test socket and it is still very slow. I had an engineer round in November and he checked and repaired some faults in my wiring and it worked fine till just before christmas.

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: slow broadband speed

Thanks for getting in touch @hondaman

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the speed of your connection.

We've tested your line and it appears that your line has been chronically banded which will have dropped the speed of your connection due to issues with your line.

In addition to this our line tests are also showing what's known as a loop fault which can sometimes be a internal issue and will most likely be the cause of why the speeds have been restricted.

I've raised a ticket on your account with some checks to carry out which you can view by going here.

If you can respond to this thread once you've carried these out we can retest the line and see if the loop fault is still present

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hondaman

Mathew

Thanks for your reply. As I noted in my original message I had a problem in November and a BT Openreach engineer came and checked  and repaired my wiring in the house he also replaced the master socket for which I was billed £65 and paid this January. Hopefully I have attached some screenshots of my speed tests incuding 1 from the master socket test.

Hope the attachments are of some help.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @hondaman

I've retested the line and it appears the fault is still there.

Can you connect to the test socket as explained here and then message me back?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hondaman

Matthew

I connected my router to the master socket and the speed test showed no increase.

hondaman

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @hondaman

I've raised a ticket on your account with the next steps which you can view by going here

Let us know once you've responded and we'll get that picked up for you

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hondaman

Fix

Matthew

Phoned the help line and spoke to a gentleman who said he'd make some changes and to turn my router off after 4 hours for a minute then turn back on. Happy to report the download speed is up to 4.9. Thank you for your help.

RileyOldfield04

I have also been having problems with my internet speeds often getting under half of the guaranteed speeds that we should be getting. i have been trying everything to speed it up but i don't know what to do especially since the virus is closing lots of places and i can never access the live chat it just keeps on saying it will load in a minute. what should i do?

All the best

Riley

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net/

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team