cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow broadand

Railwayman63

slow broadand

Hi I need help. II am relatively new to plus net and I know I havent waited the whole 10 days for settling but my broadband speed is awful and has shown no signs of getting any better in the past 7 days, in fact it seems to be performing its worst today. Anyway i just performed a speed test and the download speed came out at 1,48 Mbps. When I signed up it said myestimated broadband speed should be 10 to 19 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed access of 3.5 Mbps. Can anybody please help. Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: slow broadand

Hi @Railwayman63, welcome to the forums! I'm really sorry that you're having some issues.

The issues you're noticing with your speed are likely down to the intermittency of your connection as shown below.

Testing hasn't located anything that may be causing this, so if you haven't already I'd advise running through our troubleshooting guides here and getting your router connected to the test socket.

Once done, if you are still having some problems please raise a fault to us here (looks like it's been started but not completed) and if you let us know once you've done this, we'll pick it up and investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Railwayman63

Hi lauren,

thanks for getting back to me. I am bit confused sorry, so is that graph showing me times my internet has cut out? Anyway tried the troubleshooting guide and doesnt seem to make a difference. I've also put it in to the test socket just now and it is still dropping out. As an aside, I had sky  for a number of years before switching and never had any issues with the socket or with it dropping out or being slow. We were able to watch tv through our streaming service whilst using other devices to either stream or browse - no issues. So far since the switch we have only been able to really do one of these things at a time when the internet was working, due to the slow connection, what could cause such a difference?

Baza1
Hooked

Hi Railwayman,i cant help but can i ask whether your on fibre or not
Good Luck,i have the same problem,but not as bad

Baza

Railwayman63

Hi Baza,

We don not have fibre but we didn't have it with sky either - their standard broadband was enough to do what I described above. Good luck with your issue.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Railwayman63,

I've raised the fault report with our suppliers and responded via the ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=187280299

If you could drop us a message back here once you've responded to the ticket with the requested information, we'll get that picked up and booked in as soon as possible for you.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet