cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

since last nights outage 22nd, any gateway rebalancing today?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

since last nights outage 22nd, any gateway rebalancing today?

Tried hoping gateways but speeds are dire on all I have tried so far, so any plans on some rebalancing today PN?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
8 REPLIES 8
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: since last nights outage 22nd, any gateway rebalancing today?

Plusnet were going to kick 30,000 users off your gateway, just for you, but they couldn't do that because you kept hopping gateways.
The number of users per gateway looks fairly typical for how it has been recently.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Doesn't look out of balance really, you must be having some bad luck Gus. Only the Gateway that dropped ptn-bng01 looks a bit lower on customers at the moment. And I had no problem with the BT Speedtester which I've just run (makes a change) speed on the button.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Last hour or more I have had multiple lost PPP and just had a lost sync
Anotherone
Champion

How's your connection now?
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Not had a PPP drop since about 8pm but will be leaving it till tomorrow daylight and see if I can get my sync speed back.  Lost 0.5mbit on a 4mbit connection so HD streams are off the menu again.
So if its not related to the outage and a bank holiday weekend, great time to report a fault
Anotherone
Champion

The sync speed loss won't be anything to do with the outage, do you know what caused the drop in sync?
Gus
Aspiring Pro

No phone line noise but my error rates are high since the weather got good for summer and no phone calls to trigger one if it was a filter dying.  Plus my router is always on the test socket, so not wiring unless its the router cable.
Anotherone
Champion

I have known it to be a router cable and it was the last damn thing to be considered in the case I can vaguely recall. Wait until daylight hours then log in and drop the PPP then wait a few minutes. Hopefully if you lose sync unexpectedly DLM shouldn't regard it as a drop. Flex the cable around and gently at the connector ends. If there's no effect, power down the modem/router. Unplug the connectors and filters from sockets and plug them all in and out a few times to help remove any surface oxidation that may be there. If you have a spare filter you know or are fairly sure to be good, use that instead. Take at least 10 minutes to do all that then connect all back up and power up. Login and click Connect to reconnect the PPP if you are happy with the sync speed,. otherwise power it off again for 10 minutes and then try again. HTH.
Edit: If you have a mobile, whilst the modem/router is off ring your landline and let it ring a while, otherwise use 17070 option 1. The ringing current may help clean up any iffy joints.