cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rules are rules

fp
Grafter

rules are rules

Frustrating but consistent with the rules.  Started downloading dvd 1 of Lenny at 13:00.  Nearly had it all by 16:00, but the throttle slams in and now 3 hours to download the last 200MB at 30kb/s.  If only the connection was closer to 8MB.  Might have made it.  Sigh.............
3 REPLIES 3
artificer
Grafter

Re: rules are rules

resume your download when the free time comes back.
scootie
Grafter

or head over to a gateway that is currently still under used pcl-ag03 looking at the packet drop graphs this gateway still seems to have less customers connected and the traffic managment might relese your download to full line speed as happend to me aweek ago.
a started the download p2p beetween 6pm-8pm and at 8pm the speed went from the expected 32KB/s to my line speed.
fp
Grafter

Quote from: artificer
resume your download when the free time comes back.

Yes could do.  But was hoping to upgrade a few pc's today.  My fault: should have started earlier - about 10 mins!
I was getting about 400kb/s.  With a better ISP, I know my line can top 700kb/s, although to be fair I do not know were the rate-limiting step in the chain to the debian server was.
You can get Lenny on blueray.  Would probably have to move to another country to download that.