cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router

gayngayn1970
Dabbler

router

really annoyed, ive just joined plusnet, and i already have a sky router, plusnet have told me that my account is up and running and that my broadband is now active, but my router isnt connecting me.  I have rebooted, reset and tried everything to connect but no avail, please help as im using a dongle at the minute which is costing me a lot thanks
adie:green removed poll as it served no purpose]
33 REPLIES 33
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: router

hi gayngayn1970, welcome to the forums Smiley
Your old router will be tied to sky, what you'll need to do is reflash it with a generic firmware.
Instructions on how to do that can be founder here] if it is a netgear one
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
gayngayn1970
Dabbler

thanks for the reply and the welcome  Smiley
It is a d-link router, will try anything to be connected can you help me ?? thanks again
dvorak

A quick look around has found this which may help.
Customer / Moderator
gayngayn1970
Dabbler

tried that link, rapidshare downladed then tried to open and it said fatal exception occured will exit?Huh
gayngayn1970
Dabbler

arrrgg cant find anything that helps, disabled firewall while downloading jar file but not working anyone know how to set my sky d link router to access internet with plusnet???
dvorak

you need to get the user name and password to that router otherwise i don't think you'll get very far with it Sad
Customer / Moderator
gayngayn1970
Dabbler

thanks adiewoo, im pretty new to all this computer stuff, dont know where to start, or where to find anything
dvorak

another link for it here
Customer / Moderator
gayngayn1970
Dabbler

YYYeeehhhh  Ive got the username and password to my sky router, what do i do now>????Huh
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

What model is it?
gayngayn1970
Dabbler

theres no model number it just says d link and i have another router the same with no model number which says sagem, neither of them will work
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gayngayn1970,
It's difficult to help if you don't know the model number. The thing is with some sky routers is that they are quite often locked to their network, much the same as when you buy a mobile phone and find it's locked to that network. One of the others mentioned you could flash it (which basically means unock it) and I have heard that can work but it's not always guaranteed to work, and can sometimes kill it.
You could always have one of our routers. We'll send it to you for £4.99 P&P and you won't have to pay for the router if you stay with us for 12 months (normally £40)
Hopefully you can do something with the one you've got but if not at least you have an option.
Jojo Smiley
dvorak

With the d-link it seems there isn't a firmware you can flash it with as yet.
If you can log into the router you might be able to swap the sky credentials for your PN ones?
Customer / Moderator
gayngayn1970
Dabbler

hi, update is; i tried to flash it and it killed it,  so went out and bought another one which has been flashed and updated installed it last night and all lights on, on the front except for the internet, still no connection losing my temper with this now, the new one is Netgear wireless G router WGR614 v9,  anyone who can help me get an internet connection please x