cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reprofile request

pinn
Dabbler

reprofile request

Hello, Just transferred to Plusnet and I know I should wait for a few days for line management to sttle but I have been in this property for a while and the last two providers had it set on a 6db on a 24meg profile. Could it be set to that please and dlm be left off?

31 REPLIES 31
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: reprofile request

Hi pinn,

Line checks are showing the SNR is 6.1 so we can try resetting that to see if it makes any difference to the speed profile.

I'll do that now and any changes should take place within the next 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pinn
Dabbler

Hi,

Have had a few disconnects and can see I'm now syncing at 3.7db which is probably the cause.Again, can I be reprofiled?

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,

I can see the SNR reset didn't react in a way that we'd expect, i.e even thought the SNR has dropped by .1db it's lowered the line profile by almost 10mb so that does point towards a line fault.

Please give the tips here a try just so we can rule out any potential causes within your home:

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pinn
Dabbler

Hi,

I'd be rather surprised if I suddenly developed a fault the day I swapped provider. That being said I looked through your troubleshooting guide and all that's fine my end.

Can you confirm on your end that it's set as 6db with dlm off?
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I'm guessing you've switched from a LLU provider (TalkTalk, or Sky), so the switch would have required work at the exchange to physically disconnect your line from the LLU equipment and connect it to the equipment Plusnet use.

Most lines, that don't have any problems, won't need the DLM to be turned off.

Do you want interleaving on or off? If you're picking the settings yourself, usually you'd specify if you want interleaving or not.

pinn
Dabbler

I presumed plusnet were LLU. If not that might explain the disconnects/ speed fluctuations.

I previously requested dlm off as I was being put on 12db profiles which affected my speed greatly.

I guessed interleaving is on by default and I'm fine with that.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Interleaving is off by default, and disabling the DLM would prevent the DLM switching it on.

It sounds like your equipment or wiring or line has some sort of problem, and switching the DLM off is ignoring the problem rather than fixing it. The problem will still be there, despite the lack of DLM.

pinn
Dabbler

Hi,

Speed still not great and stability is poor also. Can this be looked into , please?

pinn
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

3 weeks and I have heard nothing back from you. As a new customer to plusnet I must say it's not the best first impression, especially seeing as you admit there may be a line fault. Can this be escalated as a matter of urgency as my broadband is extremely unstable at the moment, meaning I am paying for a service that I am unable to fully utilise?

pinn
Dabbler

A month ago you acknowledge a problem on my internet and then I have heard nothing from you despite several posts here and pms to you. A complete lack of customer service and I shall be raising your lack of professionalism with a superior.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry to see you feel that way.

Please note that this is a community site and as such a response from a member of staff doesn't denote that we've taken personal ownership of a customers issue or replying to a particular post going forwards unless that has been stated clearly or agreed between us and the customer which it wasn't in this case.

I am sorry to see that you're still experiencing this issue though.

I can see that you're on a 6db profile and that your line's sync speeds are above the estimate for your line.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pinn
Dabbler

Hello,

I'm not sure how I could make it clearer that I wished a response as I quoted you in the thread multiple times and sent direct PMs. 

I am still having issues and my router stats shows I am syncing at between 3-4db which means I am experiencing significant instability. I am asking if you can now take direct ownership of this issue and ensure my original request is processed, and if you believe there to be a line fault for it to be escalated and investigated.

Paul

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Paul,

Apologies as I haven't seen this reply until now.

Having taken a look at your account it looks like your service is working as expected but do reply if you're experiencing problems and I'll make sure one of us picks that up straight away.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pinn
Dabbler

I disagree. I have spoken to csr 3 times now re. changing my profile and I am still syncing at around 3.5 so experiencing significant instability. Please could this be rectified as requested in my OP months back?