cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reporting slow streaming speeds

shedplus

reporting slow streaming speeds

been having jerky streaming speeds recently. Connected to router via ethernet Bt speed of 6.7Mbps, Only used 10% of monthly limit so hope I am not throttled. only talking about BBC iplayer viewing with no other connected items using broadband.
Looked at the Plusnet troubleshooter and got half way through and was asked to change over the router. I dont have another one. is there a way to raise a query over the speed/ an issue without being threatened with a charge from BT (or someone else) just because I do not have another router?
3 REPLIES 3
AndyH
Grafter

Re: reporting slow streaming speeds

Have you tried the iPlayer speed tester? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: shedplus
Looked at the Plusnet troubleshooter and got half way through and was asked to change over the router. I dont have another one. is there a way to raise a query over the speed/ an issue without being threatened with a charge from BT (or someone else) just because I do not have another router?

If you don't have a spare router to try, the best you can do is answer the question to say 'you haven't tried one', and press on. The final question provides an "additional information" text box and in there comment to the effect that "you haven't been able to test another router as you don't have a spare. Would it be possible to borrow one?".
That will get the question submitted to the faults team and initial line tests carried out. Depending on these results the faults team may feel that testing another router is essential and contact you to work out a way of doing this. They won't send an engineer (risking a charge) before this is done as long as you cooperate with them.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@shedplus
I've just been running some account and diagnostic checks and can't see any obvious issues that might be causing what you've mentioned. Re progressing the fault I'd do what spraxyt suggests if you can.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team