cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

really bad servise from plusnit

hurn

really bad servise from plusnit

Cheesy
been waiting since the beginning of time for a decent answer and also for a good stable connection since december ,its a pure joke ,i still pay the fees but dont get the servise that i pay for ,been passed around like a rag doll from one numty to another this needs sorting  Cry
CMON GET IT SORTED im that close to the exchange that i could rigg up my own tin can and string
http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/results/183070171.png
15 REPLIES 15
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: really bad servise from plusnit

If you would like assistance here please post the details requested http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to hear of the issues, I've had a brief look over the account in question. I can see you initially started a fault report with us and we advised that the line was dropping causing the low speeds, we also advised that until the line dropping was resolved your speed was unlikely to increased. Unfortunately that ticket timed out as you didn't advise us you were continuing to have problems.
A few days ago you reported slow speeds again to us and we advised this was due to the  data transfer watch being reached on your account.
The faults team will pick up your new fault report, I'll reply to the other tickets you've opened as they are about the same issue and having multiple tickets about the same thing can cause confusion.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hurn

now cmon this was reported in december and it was never followed up because someone passed it back to me instead of yourselves ,was told this yesterday off niel nothing to do with capping its a fault on your side not mine ive kept my side by paying for a non service
so whats wrong with the connection now that has changed since december
oh and why did the ticket time out BECAUSE YOU LOT SENT IT TO THE WRONG DEPARTMENT
so please dont try and turn this around as if its my fault
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just looked back at the fault you opened in December, and yes the CSC agent passed the ticket to you instead of internally, really sorry about that.
Your line is still disconnecting regularly, our faults team need to investigated and get to the bottom of this. At the moment it appears it may be a fault on the phone line, do you have noise or crackling when making a phone call?
Also I noticed you started 6 threads on the same topic, the moderators will remove those but can we please keep all conversation to this same thread as it's easier to keep track of.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hurn

cmon m8 this is my last resort coming on forums dont use these places
yes ive done all the mundane checks swapped routers used the engineers socket
it is a quiet line
been through all this loads of times might aswell be a telecome engineer but thats what i pay for isnt it
this is getting very frustrating especially when i was almost made out to be a lier from yourselves
but we know its a fault on broadband and not the line as i was told on the phone so why wasnt it with the broadband fault team already as the line was supposedly checked the other day according to the man on the other end of the phone .its all at the exchange controlled by yourselves as i just spoke to a bt  man actually at the exchange and he explained to me how it works so its down to you lot now as you are in controll
ireally hate this kind of [Censored]  m8 as im pretty easygoing and im wasting my time and energy on something that i shouldnt be as i do pay for the service
heres the reply for others to see
[removed] - CSC Analyst
8:49pm, Wednesday 23 Jan 2013
Dear Miss Rudd,
As per our conversation.
We have identified a potential line fault and this is now under investigation on question 64918264. We also identified that on the fault reported in December, action was incorrectly taken which led to the fault not being picked up again.
but now im informed by text message there is no fault on the line ,,which we already informed about that by phone conversation the other day.it seems the right foot doesnt walk at the same pace as the other right foot or is that left
bored now so good by i hope im not a regular on these forums
ty for something not sure what it is but thank you
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
jim:red Avoidance of swear filter removed mod:end
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I'm really sorry for what's happened here. The text message that you received this afternoon was from a member of our Telephone Faults Team. When a fault has been raised it runs through are automated systems to try and automatically identify the type of fault you have. In the first instance it was thought that a problem on your Telephone side of things was the cause of the issue. Further testing has proved that no fault has been found with that.
At the end of the text message, it stated that this issue has now been passed to the Broadband Faults Team for further investigation. We will get this picked up for you ASAP and get this issue resolved for you. The Fault Ticket that is open is 64918264 in case you wanted to check for updates via the Member Centre Portal.
hurn

thanks for you help chriss most appreciated and thank you again ,shame i had to resort to coming here but thanks again Smiley

regard gary
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem Gary.
If there is anything else you need in the meantime, just let me know Smiley
Wells

Hurn, it's good to know I'm not the only one suffering at the hands of plusnet, terrible, I regreat having left Talk Talk, I've had speed issues since december 2012, had engineer come round but nothing. i tried all sorts just to make sure my equipment was fine. Plusnet could not find a fault. The last straw came when they asked my to supply 3 time slots so they could arrange for yet another engineer to visit. I provided them with 5 time slots and what do they do send another message to say engineer only available next week. These guys don't even have the decency to call to arrange they seem to think we languish round the house all day, they forget we work. It was becoming more stressful to deal with them so I just closed my case, I'll definitely be leaving once my contract is up but it's a painful 6 months wait. Good luck with your issues
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Wells,
I'm really sorry to hear that you've had such a negative experience with us.
Is there anything that I can do to help at all?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Wells
If your problem is with the copper cable supplied by BT, moving ISPs will fix nothing.  Unless the ISP lays their own cable to your house, you are dependent upon the BT newtork for ALL ISP services.
You might not like it, but the reality is that locating BB faults can be quite difficult, especially if they are intermitant.  I have had 8 BTOR visits of variable quality (from indifferent to absolutely excellent) since just before Christmas - PN are doing an excellent job of working with BTw esclation team, but PN is but one of many ISPs banging at the BT door.  The bottom line is in some areas, the copper wire runs are long, there are lots of joints and in this weather any single one of them could be dicky and the cause of your problem... the only issue being when the BTOR man visits, the conditions are different to when you have the problem and the fault cannot be located at the time of the visit.
If you want to shout at anyone about service quality, go shout at Ofcom about the service levels presently being delivered by BT.  This might well be PN's problem to manage with BT but PN have no direct control over delivery by BT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wells

@Towman, sorry but its PN and not BT, had no problems with Talk Talk what soever regarding speed only moved to PN because of the special offer. BT came to my home my line speeds are upto 3700Kbps  we as I'm getting 358Kbps. I've used my own laptop on a friends similar package and their speeds are far much better. I would be expecting to get speeds of t least 1500Kbps. So unfortunately for me its PN and not BT, my copper wire is about 3 miles from the BT exchange and for the line up to my house to get 3700Kbps is good. Talk Talk used the same BT copper wire so why should PN be treated different. You may be receiving your desired speeds and happy with the service you get but the fact remains that I am not happy. If they ask me to provide 3 time slots and take leave from work for that week I expect them to arrange for an engineer as they suggested. So for them to then turn back and say sorry we cant do you dates is an insult. They could have easily picked up the phone to arrange rather than sending e-mails and text messages.
So Ofcom or BT do not come into play just yet.
Wells

@ Chris,thanks for your concern but at this point in time I will not be able to take any more leave from work to wait for an engineer until late february/ early March as you only send your engineers during the week.
Thanks
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Wells
They should be able to arrange a Saturday appointment for you. Don't give up hope!