cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re:old forum "what a rubbish service"

michaellove
Dabbler

re:old forum "what a rubbish service"

I`ve been without a broadband service(F9) since 16th July.
The ADSL light on my modem is not lit, indicating NO adsl synchronisation.
I`ve lost count how many fault tickets that have been raised. And no progress has been made at all.
18 Days without a connection is totally unacceptable! Angry
I`ve raised a line fault with BT and they won`t do anything because F9 is my broadband provider and it`s up to F9 to sort out with BT.
F9 ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB OR PROVIDING A SERVICE!
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: re:old forum "what a rubbish service"

Hi there,
Quote from: michaellove
I`ve been without a broadband service(F9) since 16th July.
The ADSL light on my modem is not lit, indicating NO adsl synchronisation.
I`ve lost count how many fault tickets that have been raised. And no progress has been made at all.

Sorry to hear that you're still without service but I think it's a little harsh to say that no progress has been made. So far we've investigated a speed issue, an intermittent connectivity issue and now a loss of sync. Both ourselves and BT Wholesale have performed numerous tests on your line.
We've switched interleaving off for you and escalated this to BT Wholesale on multiple occasions. There have been engineer visits, BT have identified and fixed a fault at your local exchange and they've performed a lift and shift.
I understand you're still without service however we have been doing all we can to get this fixed for you.
18 Days without a connection is totally unacceptable! Angry
I`ve raised a line fault with BT and they won`t do anything because F9 is my broadband provider and it`s up to F9 to sort out with BT.

Which is part of the problem. When you contacted BT they opened a PSTN line fault on your line. This stops us from raising any further ADSL faults until it's closed off. I'm sure you were only trying to push things along a little quicker but instead you've inadvertently delayed the proceedings.
F9 ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB OR PROVIDING A SERVICE!

I will ask our faults team to provide an update for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

michaellove
Dabbler

Sorry if you think my comments seem harsh.
But my faults log started on 21st of june with speed issues and then a total loss of connection on the 16th july.
The information given in the last post makes sense BUT that information had not been given to me via e-mail or feed back from my questions.
Also you have to look at my point of view, I work as a college lectuer and a lot of my work requires me logging on to the college data base. A 24kbps dial-up service is next to useless and very frustrating.
18 days without a connection I feel is still unacceptable, I`ve paid for a broadband connection, will I be refunded for the loss of service? I won`t hold my breath.
But on the up side my connection has been restored and I`m gratefull for that!
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Bob isn't trying to say that he thinks you're being harsh.  He's just trying to show you what has happened so far.  We are all truly sorry for the fact that you have been without connection for so long.  Of course you should be frustrated.
By all means, we can have a look at potential recompense once your fault has been resolved, but I would rather look into this afterwards so that we know what period of downtime we're looking at.
James
Grafter

Sorry, I've clearly been a muppet and you're now connected.  I'll raise a ticket to you on your account.