Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Free Usage"

jethro10
Grafter

"Free Usage"

Hi,
I have the 30Gb package which I use perhaps 20 of it.
But If I'm up early enough and have any downlaoding to do, I set it of to finish before 8Am. Just to be kind really as I assume it's quieter then?
anyhow, sometimes it's registered as usage but sometimes it's not recorded by plusnet
I Know it's a moot point as it's not paid for anyhow but was curious as to why?
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: "Free Usage"

Hi Jethro10,
We don't count usage over the interim period between off peak/peak and peak/off peak to make sure that we're not unfairly charging our customers for usage which they shouldn't be charged for.
jethro10
Grafter

Ok Thanks, I understand.
May I say that's a very generous interpritation of charging!
and may I also say I have had no issues with plusnet since I started years ago and neither have the 8 people i've put on it (and give me 50p each per month!)
zubel
Community Veteran

Just to elaborate on how I understand the data-transfer notifications happen.
BT will periodically (every 15 minutes?) send a 'report' for Plusnet for the amount of data transferred in the last 15 minutes for each account.
If you assume the case where the last delta report is sent at 11.47pm
The next report is due at 12.02am
Plusnet will discard any transfer that is reported in the 12.02am report, as there is no 'accurate' way of knowing how much of this data was transferred before midnight, and how much was transferred after midnight.
Similarly, if a delta report is received at 7.50am, any transfer reported in the 8.05am report is discarded for the same reason.
B.
techguy
Grafter

Had my first late night surfing session for a while last night (and my first since joinging PN).
Was cracking, really quick, watched a few game trailers and BBC click and all for free.

Great stuff
Grin