cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ptw-ag03 is still borked

Pyrii
Grafter

ptw-ag03 is still borked

I've just spent a week on this gateway and it still has problems with slow Youtube loading, random timeouts or slow establishing connections. And iPlayer also buffers a lot on this gateway.
Just had to reconnect to another gateway, now I'm on pcl-ag05 and the difference is night and day.  Undecided Youtube videos play instantly, and I have had any problems in Star Trek Online, or with Raptr.
EDIT: Apparently my ping is higher with this gateway though:
9 REPLIES 9
Pyrii
Grafter

Re: ptw-ag03 is still borked

Nevermind, youtube "foreverloading" still happens on this gateway too it seems.
EDIT; I have a feeling that video is meant to have a commercial at the beginning which may be causing the long loading as I have google ads blocked.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like your TBB graph is showing the evening latency 'hump' discussed in this forum thread - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115770.msg1014033.html#msg1014033
Try hopping to the currently modified gateway PCL-AG02, as that was giving me good latency results last night
and I can view the video mentioned above without issue while on that gateway.
Pyrii
Grafter

Is there a safe way to hop gateways on Fibre without affecting my profile?
James
Grafter

You should be able to do a soft disconnect/reconnect, which is just a PPP drop rather than synchronisation, so it will have no affect on either your sync rate or your profile.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I'm on Ptw-ag03 on fibre & there are no problems at this end.
Pyrii
Grafter

My route so far: pcl-ag05 > pcl-ag01 > pcl-ag01 > pcl-ag05 > pcl-ag05 > ptn-ag02
Finally made it out of City Lifeline. That's enough for now.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

There should be no performance differences between the gateways.  Really want to work out if you guys are seeing one them 😕
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Pyrii
I've just spent a week on this gateway and it still has problems with slow Youtube loading, random timeouts or slow establishing connections. And iPlayer also buffers a lot on this gateway.

Hi,
Do you know if it was the worst over the week between about 10:30am and 3:30pm on Tuesday? I'm looking at some quality data for your connection, yesterday it looks OK between midnight and 6am, it little poorer between 6am and 10:30am, then very poor between 10:30am and 3:30pm before improving and then being a bit poor between 8pm and 10pm.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Pyrii
Grafter

The only thing I noticed was that Star Trek Online had troubles with lag and staying connected yesterday during the afternoon. It seems to come and go with that game. But then that game has always been poor for network performance. I tried turning down my uploads to no avail.