Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile reset request

mxs
Grafter

profile reset request

Hiya,
Following an evil phone fault (#53319821) that was causing my connection to drop out repeatedly the IP profiles for my line went through the floor.  The phone line was fixed about a week ago and has been fine since then.    My IP profiles have recovered a large part of the way but seem to have stopped improving for the last 72hrs and are still a way off what they used to be.  Also I would guess interleaving for the line is still on because my ping rates are about 20ms over what they were previously.
When I spoke to the openreach guy who attended the fault appointment he said that the broadband side should recover by itself over a few days but if things were not back to normal then to contact you and request a profile reset.  I tried going through the faults page to request it there but it did not really seem to fit in with the questions being asked and trying to fit all this info into the little text box for any other info at the end would have been a bit awkward. 😛
Last BT speedtest:
Download speed 13 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds 12 Mbps-31.36 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 31.36 Mbps
Upload speed 5.72Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps
Speedtest:

Previously my BT IP profile was pretty much at the max (can't recall the figure now, but 38 or 37 something).
During my phone fault ticket my plusnet profile seems to have been changed from 20mb to 37Mb also - not sure if the 37Mb one is fixed properly now or that would affect results also.
Before the phone fault my test results were always 37Mb/s+ download, 8Mb/s+ upload and sub 12ms ping so hoping that will return once the profiles are back to normal. Wink
Thanks,
-mark
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: profile reset request

Hi there,
Unfortunately we can't request a profile reset on Fibre as we can on 21CN, so it'd mean raising another fault and getting an engineer out to get it sorted I'm afraid. We can arrange that for you though if you need?
mxs
Grafter

Bleh - the openreach guy gave me the impression that they could do that now otherwise - if I had known I would have tried to get them to do it themselves before closing out the fault rather than create more work for you guys. Wink
The speed is not too bad but it seems a bit silly to leave it in a worse state then it was before the fault so if it is not going to fix itself then I guess (as frustrating as it is) getting an engineer out is the way to go - any day is fine as long as I know in advance, afternoon/evening preference but mornings ok too if that is all that's available.
Cheers,
-mark
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

afternoon/evening preference but mornings ok too if that is all that's available.

Thanks, I shall get that added to your fault ticket.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mofo

Have you tried unplugging the router and leaving off for 10 seconds. I had an issue with a bad line, engineer came and switched lines, speed increased after 72 hours but only slightly. It was only after off and on-ing the router did speeds recover.
Hope this helps, good luck.
mxs
Grafter

Yup - been resetting the modem in the mornings occasionally and the speed picked up until it got to the current bt ip profile (31.36 Mbps) and has stayed there ever since.
Further testing by support has shown another potential line fault although the line still seems to be stable enough and syncing at 40/10 (but is still being restricted by the lower bt ip profile) - it seems to have turned interleaving off now so that is a bonus - guess it is a waiting game! Wink